Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this so the guy who runs it posts here. Saw that he joined the Fordham board, so let's get him here, too. I will send him this link.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Let me repeat my earlier post in this thread...

midmajority.com - AWESOME SITE!!!

It really is a great site. If you register on the site, you can indicate your favorite team and conference. We should all register there so that Kyle (the blogmaster) knows that there are a lot of MAAC (he loves the MAAC btw) fans out there following his site and looking for some more MAAC content. Nice props for Siena and hopefully we will start seeing mentions of the Gaels soon.

Also, he has a great photo gallery of the many mid-major games he has gone to over the past couple of years. Here are few of the MAAC galleries:

http://www.midmajority.com/season1/...us_at_Loyola_Md
http://www.midmajority.com/season1/...ay_Doubleheader
http://www.midmajority.com/season1/...hattan_at_Rider
http://www.midmajority.com/season1/...ld_at_Manhattan
http://www.midmajority.com/season1/...AAC_First_Round

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Mid-Majority is amazing. Kyle Whelliston is my hero. That site and his journalism represent everything that is good about the game of college basketball.

I frequent that site so often that I was even thinking about donating. Kyle, if you post, I will donate. Promise.

Go 'Hounds!

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got an email from Kyle, the MidMajority guy.

Says he's had an account (midmajority) since March, but for some reason it doesn't let him post replies to topics on the MAAC board. Moderators, can you investigate? Is there some sort of block on his account?

Also, he says he'll probably be at the Rider-Iona game next week.

Finally, he's doing a chat on ESPN.com chat on Friday afternoon and asks that we bombard him with MAAC questions. Cool!

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
I just checked on midmajority's account and his status is awaiting email confirmation. The email probably got filtered into his junk pile, so I will ask an Admin to activate his account.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
cpawfan said:
I just checked on midmajority's account and his status is awaiting email confirmation. The email probably got filtered into his junk pile, so I will ask an Admin to activate his account.
Please let midmajority know that his account at bbb.net is active and he should have no problems posting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to agree with all of the great comments in respect to midmajority.com! It is really interesting to see that I know Kyle from my posting on a New York Rangers digest. I guess there is life after hockey. Or should I say, there is life after college basketball

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I really can't thank you enough - both for the overwhelmingly great comments (those are "pay" enough), and for taking care of my account on this board.

It's really an honor to be able to cover the Metro Atlantic. I owe a lot to the conference, because it was trips out to Draddy and SPC and Rider, Big Saturdays at MSG, MLK Day doubleheaders, and MAAC Madness that got me hooked for good on mid-major hoops. It's such a great league with all the schools that are within driving distance of each other, teams with consistent personalities, and folks who'll go by the busload to Trenton or Buffalo or Albany to see the tournament in March. Sure, there are more supersize cheerleaders than in any other conference, but the MAAC will always be near and dear to my heart.

I do a chat at ESPN.com every Friday afternoon now, and there have only been two questions about the MAAC so far - and they were both about C.J. Anderson. So come on over and represent!

(And it's great to see an old NYR Digest buddy here too. It's somewhat ironic that the year off from hockey gave me the time to put TMM together, and now the Blueshirts are actually distractingly good now. What's up with that? Section 423 forever, and Potvin will always, always, always suck.)

Have a great early-season; I'll be around.

Thanks,
Kyle

·
Registered
319 Posts
midmajority said:
I do a chat at ESPN.com every Friday afternoon now, and there have only been two questions about the MAAC so far - and they were both about C.J. Anderson. So come on over and represent!
You can count of a few of us MAACsters showing up on Friday. Looking forward to it!!!

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
midmajority said:
the Blueshirts are actually distractingly good now. What's up with that? Section 423 forever, and Potvin will always, always, always suck.)
Yes, it is amazing to see the Rangers in first place this late into a season. :eek8:

I have been to two games this season and I'll be at Monday night's game (section 131). I still get a good laugh when I hear the "Potvin sucks" chant.

·
Registered
147 Posts
But, the guy up in "The Blues" that always whistles to get the "Potvin Sucks" chant rolling is priceless. After many years of pain, I'm finally getting my money's worth for my admittedly cheap Ranger season tickets. Let's go Rangers!

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Indian91, if you're gonna be there Monday night, let me know and we'll meet up for a beverage.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
midmajority said:
Hey guys, I really can't thank you enough - both for the overwhelmingly great comments (those are "pay" enough), and for taking care of my account on this board.

It's really an honor to be able to cover the Metro Atlantic. I owe a lot to the conference, because it was trips out to Draddy and SPC and Rider, Big Saturdays at MSG, MLK Day doubleheaders, and MAAC Madness that got me hooked for good on mid-major hoops. It's such a great league with all the schools that are within driving distance of each other, teams with consistent personalities, and folks who'll go by the busload to Trenton or Buffalo or Albany to see the tournament in March. Sure, there are more supersize cheerleaders than in any other conference, but the MAAC will always be near and dear to my heart.

(And it's great to see an old NYR Digest buddy here too. It's somewhat ironic that the year off from hockey gave me the time to put TMM together, and now the Blueshirts are actually distractingly good now. What's up with that? Section 423 forever, and Potvin will always, always, always suck.)

Have a great early-season; I'll be around.

Thanks,
Kyle
Kyle, I believe I first heard of your site reading an article in the Inquirer...are you not a Penn grad? IN any event, keep up the good work. And I don't care what you say, over the yeras The Broncs Zoo has been one of the toughest places to play in DI, I'd put it in the Top 10 in the nation.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Raver your a raving maniac, top ten hardest places in the nation? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so your putting it up in the same category as Duke? Wake Forest? Maryland? Wake Forest, Clemson, Cinncinati, Louisville, Syracuse, Indiana, Michigan State? thats 10 using 3 conferences, not even really thinking about it to hard. when students walk across your gym in the middle of the game with a bag of laundry, i think it qualifies more as a laughing stock than a tough place to play. get an objective look at a game for once.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
svi said:
Raver your a raving maniac, top ten hardest places in the nation? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so your putting it up in the same category as Duke? Wake Forest? Maryland? Wake Forest, Clemson, Cinncinati, Louisville, Syracuse, Indiana, Michigan State? thats 10 using 3 conferences, not even really thinking about it to hard. when students walk across your gym in the middle of the game with a bag of laundry, i think it qualifies more as a laughing stock than a tough place to play. get an objective look at a game for once.
Raver is right, opponents are at a great disadvantage when coming to Rider for a game. You see, they come there expecting to see D-I facilities, but can't help but ROTFLTAO when they see what Rider calls a home court. This laughing leaves the opponents breathless, giving Rider a rather unique homecourt edge.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
svi said:
when students walk across your gym in the middle of the game with a bag of laundry, i think it qualifies more as a laughing stock than a tough place to play.
:laugh: please tell me you're just kidding

1 - 18 of 18 Posts