Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're half way through the conference schedule here are my award winners.

POY:Taylor Coppenrath

ROY:Jon Iati (still have yet to see him play but numbers wise he's
the choice)

All-Conference 1st team:
Jose Juan Berea
Kevin Reed
Levi Levine
Taylor Coppenrath
Nick Billings

My plan was to do a 2nd and 3rd team but making decisions on those were near impossible. There is so much parity that picking one guy over another was near impossible for me especially with the guards. I challenge anybody with the time to give it shot though.

If you want to look at Stats go here:
http://americaeast.com/mbasketball/2004/individualstats.htm

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I said "Parity".:cool:

All the more fitting that he would win Freshman of the year seeing as he is playing out of position.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Iati

Iati good,especially for a freshman, but he really is a 2 guard in a tiny point's body. - Matt5
I can understand why you think he's a 2 in a PG body.

He was actually brought in as a pure PG to transport the ball and the get it to Wilson and Levine. Then move to open space and wait for the occasional kick out and bury the "3". He was also counted on knocking down FTs in close games.

When Wilson went down for the season and with only 2 guards on the roster, Iati has been asked to play and score more like a 2G.

I believe next season with Wilson, Levine and transfer Jordan (All Conference in the MAAC) on the wings I think you'll see Iati play as a true PG and only then will it be fair to judge him and say he is or isn't a PG.

He is a nice little player.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.