·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give each player a grade and why.

Overall D-

Damon = D No d very inconsistent

Rasheed= C- Also very Inconsistent but has had good games

Zach= B- Only Bright spot on O but very turnover prone and cant play a lick of D yet.

DA= incomplete not enough time to grade

Patterson= B All hustle only spark plug for this team tright now

Qyntel = C- Still not fully comfortable but is looking better needs to stay SG not PG.

Person= C really cant say much has had inconsistent games but doesnt get very much playing time. needs to work on D

Outlaw = Incomplete

Stepania= D had a couple good Games but is way to stiff and needs help on D.

Miles = Incomplete (had a good first game)

Davis= F- No tough play seems like he dont want to be here!

Cheeks = F- No X's and o's , no rotation skills, cant control team, no emotion, nice guy.

Give the team a grade guys.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You've got Sheed as a C- player and your talking to me? I'd give Sheed a higher grade than that and I hate the guy right?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
You've got Sheed as a C- player and your talking to me? I'd give Sheed a higher grade than that and I hate the guy right?

:rolleyes:
Um the team is falling out of the playoffs...Sheed has been playing inconsistent so really none of the players deserve higher than a C but Zach has been very consistent on the O end. Actually I try not to talk to you but you seem to follow my posts. Also you keep tryin to proclaim you like sheed or something but whats funny is most of your posts are about how Sheed sucks and his attitude his horrible blah blah.. Oh you just like Sheed when he has a good game Ok i get it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
GM Nash F-, F-, F-
Another insightful post by Ballscientist.

Care to explain why? (This should be good.)

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Damon Stoudamire D+

He is still real bad. I wanted to give him a D-, but he had some very clutch games and i just couldnt totallg flunk him. But, still inconsistent and doesnt know how to pass

Derek Anderson C

DA is the definition of a mediocre player. He is decent at everything, but great at nothing. His D is still not to great and his shot is inconsistent

Ruben Patterson B

Hes the only guy who hustles. He has been great latley.

Rasheed Wallace B

Not great, not bad. I have to cut him slack cuz he is playing 2 new positions.

Zach Randolph A-

He may not play D, but he has made incredible strides latley and is a 20 10 player at the age of 22

Dale Davis D-

Totally uninspired. Cant shoot, cant block(anymore) and is beginning to loose his rebounding ability

Qyntell Woods C

Not playing as good as i had hoped, but isnt playing horribly either. U cant really blame him cuz he is getting inconsistend minutes

Darious Miles INCOMPLETE

Vladimir Stepania B

Lots of hustle, little skill. I would rather see hi play 30 minutes than Dale

Westley Person A

Great roile player. His shooting is phenominal

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HearToTemptYou</b>!

Another insightful post by Ballscientist.

Care to explain why? (This should be good.)
First F- : Nash really don't know how to make the trade
2nd F-: He can't solve the Blazers' problems
3rd F-: a lot of GMs treat him as an idiot, Thomas wanted to trade KVH for Sheed and nelson wanted to trade Jamison for Sheed.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
HearToTemptYou

It was :rofl:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Damon Stoudamire C-

He's still horrible on defense, and his shoes seem to be in cement when I see the opposing PG whiz by him.

Derek Anderson A+

Loyalty. Doesn't. Fail.... Ever.

Ruben Patterson B-

Defense and his ability to run gives him the grade. The grade would be higher if he wasn't such a turnover ballhog and had a higher FT%.

Rasheed Wallace B

Pretty much the same Sheed we're accustomed to.

Zach Randolph B+

If he played better D, he'd get an A+ from me.

Dale Davis F

Always played uninspired basketball. No fun to watch... at all.
Qyntell Woods C

Vladimir Stepania B+

All around hustle, and good at defense!

Westley Person A-

I love this guy. What a great role player. You can't leave him open, or else he'll drain it in your face.

Mo Cheeks F

No words can describe my dislike for Cheeks as a coach. Why couldn't we hire Porter?

John Nash C-

He needs to pull a bigger trade off. Getting Person was a good deal. He needs to do more though.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Loyalty4Life</b>!

Derek Anderson A+

Loyalty. Doesn't. Fail.... Ever.
Sitting in a suit on the bench, it doesn't have much chance to fail. :angel:

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Blazerfan024</b>!
Give each player a grade and why.
Overall D-

Damon = F- At least he hasn't been arrested. If he would set up the offense withing 10 seconds every play, I'd give him a C-. Piss poor defense. Trade him now!

Rasheed= D- Over rated defense. Bad teammate. Underwhelming offense. Horrible consistancy. Only thing consistant is his poor effort.

Zach= A Bad defense, but one of the very few guys giving decent effort every night. 20+ pts and 10+ rebounds every night. Anybody doing better? No.

DA= C Too many shots. Average defense. But he has been hurt, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Patterson= B Effort every night. One of the few guys who provide that with any degree of consistancy.

Qyntel = C- Still not fully comfortable but is looking better needs to stay SG not PG.

Person= B Bad defense, hut at least he can hit shots. Would be a great asset at 1/4th his current salary.

Outlaw = Incomplete

Stepania= C- No great forse, but he's better than Dale Davis. At least he can rebound.

Miles = Incomplete

Davis= F- WHere is this guy? Is he even still on the team?

Cheeks =D Decent at developing players for the future, but he's not a good in-game coach. Helped that little girl sing the national anthem.

Nash/Patterson = D+ Better than trader bob. They at least seem to have a plan, but every day looks more and more like we're heading for the first non playoff run in 21 years. Can't be happy with that.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Damon - F. The main reason for our struggles.

Derek - D. His softness and lack of weight training has led to a lot of missed games.

Rasheed - D. Only plays hard once or twice a month.

Zach - B. Good O, bad D (still young tho, can improve).

Dale - D. Weak efforts. Just going with the flow.

Qyntel - Incomplete. His teammates don't look for him enough when he's on the wing, and he hasn't played point long enough to give a grade.

Ruben - A. All hustle all the time.

Wesley - C. Filled his role as shooter, but provided little else.

Vlad - C. Fills his role as Chris Dudley clone. Not very talented but plays hard.

Mo - F. If we're out of the playoffs, Mo should be out of a job.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Goldmember</b>!

Vlad - C. Fills his role as Chris Dudley clone. Not very talented but plays hard.
Man Chris Dudley was one of the greatest defensive centers EVER. I mean he wasnt HOF level. But the guy was a monster rebounder and had defensive fundamentals down to a T.

Even in his old age, ever see him fill in in for Ewing in the knicks finals run? Man the guy was amazing, yes hes slow, yes hes unathletic. But he has alot more basketball IQ than most of the centers in the league.

I know it may sound utterly silly to be calling him a great player, but i guess many of us have only seen the geriatric Dudley rotting on the portland bench. He was once pretty damn good.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I agree with that. Calling Duds a great player is a bit of a stretch, but he was good reliable center for years. It says something about the guy that he had almost zero natural talent, but still managed to stay in the league for many years and retired willingly.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Current lineup

Damon = C (one of his best years as a Blazer....still only deserves a middle of the road grade)

DA = N/A (i'm really happy he's back, and that Sac performance alone reminded me why i like this guy so much, but he REALLY needs to find a way to stay healthy. Is he really suffering from bad injuries, or is he just a weenie?)

Patterson = C+ (one of the only highlights of the season is Ruben's energy. He should not start. Miles should start, Ruben is the energy off the bench we need)

Z-Bo = B- (i love this guy's offensive awareness, but he is a HUGE defensive liability. Sometimes i question his attitude too)

Sheed = C (just another season for Sheed. 9 times held scoreless in the 4th quarter. That's lack of effort, pure and simple. However, the Blazers are clearly a worse team when he's not playing)

Miles = N/A (i LOVED his first game as a Blazer. Was at the game, and was very impressed with his ability to get to the rim. FT shooting was atrocious, and jumper looked very shaky, but something about this kid really intrigues me. I love his energy and his attitude seems refreshing)

Person = C+ (one of my favorite Blazers. Easily the best shooter Portland has had since TP. Good guy, too. Just shy of a 'B' rating for his lack of defense)

Woods = C (possessing a realistic expectation for Woods is key. Only in his second year, i'm pretty happy with what he's done. I still question his intelligence, but i think he could turn out to be a starter in the NBA....AT BEST)

Stepania = F (clumsy, slow, no talent. Sorry, this guy is worthless)

Davis = F (he doesn't care anymore. He doesn't want to be in Portland, and it shows. What's irritating is Portland is DESPERATE for some defensive help, and he's not offering his best. I want him gone)

Outlaw = N/A (i have no idea what this kid is capable of doing)

Cheeks = C (we all question Mo's X's and O's, but the fact that he's kept this team together through this season, as well as the last two, carries a lot of merit with me. He has the toughest job in the NBA, so, what can we really expect of him?)

Nash = B+ (i love what Nash has done with the team so far. I'm willing to bet, right now, that the Miles trade will go down as BRILLIANT. Shipping Bonzi was a must, and though Person might not be the talent Bonzi is, he's a calming influence, a good shooter, and has a nice contract. IMO, another GREAT move by Nash)

Overall = D (Portland still has a chance at making the playoffs. In order to do so, a starting 5 of Damon, DA, Miles, Z-Bo, Sheed will have to gel quickly and stay healthy)

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Grade based on expectations or based on success?

I'll go by expectations and give them a B as they are just slightly under where I expected them to be.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
My grades are based on absolutes (not on expectations):

Damon: D+. Poor defender, poor shooter, poor passer, poor leader. He gets a "+" for his couple games of very good shooting.

Jeff McInnis: B. 47% from the floor and almost constantly outplaying Damon. Had some issues with Cheeks (who hasn't?) and he's gone now, but he was one of the few bright spots in the first half.

Bonzi: D. Started off terribly and only got 13 games so never made up for it. Still, when he was here, he was a "D" for the year.

DA: C+ (for time played); D (including absence). He's had a couple good games and a game or two that are amongst the worst any Blazer has had all year. He needs to have a big second half for Portland to remain competitive... or, rather, to BECOME competitive.

Qyntel: C. Has been good and has been bad. Considering the relative success of some of those drafted behind him (Prince, Boozer, Jacobson) I think he's still a bit behind the curve but he's showing potential, which is very good.

Wes Person: B-. Fills the perimeter shooting role well, but has limited use in other areas.

Ruben Patterson: B-. Has played some good ball lately, but struggled early and has been dinged up. One of the best players, sadly, this team has had.

Darius Miles: B. Ties for high grade, but considering it's only 1 game his score could easily slide down a bit over time.

Rasheed Wallace: B. Still hasn't found his shooting stroke, although the move to the 5 (from the 3) should help his numbers all around (already his rebounds are up substantially because he's not chasing small guys around the perimeter). His defense pushes him into a tie for the best grade on the team.

Zach Randolph: B. Good defense and rebounding. Poor defense and some questions about his willingness to play with others seem to be emerging. Offensively, he's been an A, defensively he's been sub-C, and his rebounding pushes him up to a B.

Travis Outlaw: F. I don't give incompletes. :)

Dale Davis: C-. He's been distracted/bored/whatever for weeks now, and it's coincided with Portland going down the toilet. Hopefully Portland can get value for him soon by shipping him to another team.

Vlad Stepania: C. He's been a decent backup, and at times he's been the only guy hitting the boards. He's obviously a limited player, but he's a decent role player.

Ruben Boumtje Boumtje: F. He earned 26 minutes this year while with the Blazers... over five times as many as last year. I find it hard to believe he's that bad, but I guess he is.

Mo Cheeks: D. Poor job motivating the players, poor substitution patterns, no PR coups like he had last year.

Nash: C. I'm not a fan of the Wells trade, obviously, but I don't really discount his grade for that reason. The Miles trade is interesting, but the almost constant 11 man active roster is annoying and the way he cut Padgett to keep Tracy Murray still sticks in my craw. He manages a C because he hasn't panicked and dumped Rasheed Wallace.

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!

First F- : Nash really don't know how to make the trade
2nd F-: He can't solve the Blazers' problems
3rd F-: a lot of GMs treat him as an idiot, Thomas wanted to trade KVH for Sheed and nelson wanted to trade Jamison for Sheed.
How is another team offering KVH or Jamison and Nash not making the trade make him a idiot? If the Spurs offer Duncan, Gioboli, and Parker for Sheed and Damon, does that make Nash awesome? How is the Miles for McInnis trade terrible? I'll admit Nash hasn't done anything incredible, but F- for other teams offering garbage seems not very well thought out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts