Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Mid-Season Raptors Report Cards

A- CHRIS BOSH CENTRE

He hasn't been at his best lately, but you couldn't ask for much more from a 19-year-old starting centre.

A- DONYELL MARSHALL FORWARD

He's no low-post bruiser but he has exceeded expectations, consistently racking up double-doubles.

B VINCE CARTER FORWARD

He isn't a great leader and his old spectacular style is a memory, but he remains the team's best player.

B ALVIN WILLIAMS GUARD

He worked his way out of the coach's doghouse early and has become a regular contributor again.

B- JALEN ROSE GUARD

He has tried to be an impact guy, but his jump shot has to fall a lot more frequently to become that player.

B- MICHAEL CURRY FORWARD

Coaches see more value in him than some observers, but his mental toughness is a welcome addition.

C MORRIS PETERSON FORWARD

When he's on, he's really on, but when he's off, he's way off. His ups and downs mirror those of the team.

C LONNY BAXTER FORWARD

He has limitations, but he has proved to be more than salary-equalizing baggage in the big trade with Chicago.

C MILT PALACIO GUARD

Another favourite of the coaches, who love his ability to drive and penetrate, albeit in a frenetic way.

-- Toronto Sun

Look at the rest of the player grades here

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Re: Mid-Season Raptors Report Cards

A- CHRIS BOSH CENTRE
Playing great for an underdeveloped rookie.

A DONYELL MARSHALL FORWARD
Our best player this season.

C- VINCE CARTER FORWARD
Taking the year off.

A ALVIN WILLIAMS GUARD
Did you expect anything less from me?

C+ JALEN ROSE GUARD
Hasn't been great, but hasn't been too bad either.

Z- MICHAEL CURRY FORWARD
Did you expect anything more from me?

C+ MORRIS PETERSON FORWARD
Hasn't played that bad this year off the bench.

C+ LONNY BAXTER FORWARD
Great husle guy off the bench, at a fraction of JYD's price.

D+ MILT PALACIO GUARD
Had a couple good games, but that's it.

D ROBERT ARCHIBALD CENTRE
He's nothing but hustle, except he has no game.

C- ROGER MASON JR. GUARD
Been productive in the few minutes he's played.

C- LAMOND MURRAY FORWARD
Would be playing much better if O'Neill gave him consistent minutes.

INC JEROME MOISO CENTRE
Why hasn't he played that much? C'mon KO, you saw the playoffs!

B MICHAEL BRADLEY CENTRE
I know he hasn't played this season yet but if he did this is what he'd be getting. :yes:

A GLEN GRUNWALD GENERAL MANAGER
The Chicago trade was a flat out robbery by us. Too bad we've been under-achieving big time.

B- KEVIN O'NEILL COACH
Hasn't been too good nor too bad. Makes some stupid mistakes (playing Michael Curry, not playing Moiso/Murray, playing Michael Curry, taking anal from Michael Curry, and so on...)

I don't care if it's an article, I posted my opinion and my opinion is always right.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Re: Mid-Season Raptors Report Cards

Originally posted by <b>hellbot</b>!

C MORRIS PETERSON FORWARD

When he's on, he's really on, but when he's off, he's way off. His ups and downs mirror those of the team.
-- Toronto Sun
i give up. this is hogwash. mo's gonna be stuck with this ridiculous tag for the rest of his career. it is simply not deserved- people have to start thinking for themselves. i don't know how it caught on, but it's the easy/popular thing to say now: "mo peterson is inconsistent."

first, i think every player in the nba is inconsistent. it's a term that can be blanketed over every player/team in the league. i would appreciate someone offering me some statistical analysis suggesting, beyond a reasonable doubt, that mo peterson is more "inconsistent" than anyone in his category, let alone on his team. he's simply not.

furthermore, if there were a prize to be awarded to the most CONSISTENT raptor this season, i would almost feel pressured to give it to mo (if anyone). he plays hard defensively every====single======game, disrupting offensive sets and drawing charges, and has been hitting the same 3 pt shot with regularity. he also goes to the hole far more often than he's credited for, and has been, to the best of his modest ability, creating scoring opportunities for his teammates.

i think the media would do well to actually watch the games and not simply rely on the popular verdict. i almost don't know how mo endures this garbage anymore- writers/media can't think for themselves so they depend on characterizations that were misappropriated in the first place by some oblivious third party.

the "inconsistency" tag is obscene. it's just easy criticism that literally means nothing.

peace

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Well, i think Mo Pete is actually one of the most consistent raptors this season. Seems like he'd get a couple 3's a game. His 3 point percentage is great, and he's a leader in the league in 3 pointers per 48 minutes. How's that for consistency? My grade for Mo? B

I love Chris Bosh, but I'd give him B+... A would be if he was getting 15/10... He's been GREAT though, I'm just being honest here.

How the heck did curry get a B?? what the heck has he done?? get schooled on every defensive possesion?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts