Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Offensive MVP

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Edge, LT, Shawn A. are all good picks... At this point Edge would have to be the Midseason pick.

But we still have plenty of football ahead of us..

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i think edge is definatley playin some great football, but i voted for LT just because of his versatility..passing/recieiving/ and of course running

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Carolina is my favourite team. Steve Smith is my favourite player.

But I have to go with Shaun Alexander. He's looked unstoppable.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
I think it has to be Shaun...he is the reason the Seahawks are where they are now. Not to mention two four touchdown run games this season, leading the NFL in rushing and total/rushing touchdowns.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Yeah i agree with the two above me. LT has been great so far, but I think Shaun has just been phenomenal in terms of what he's producing out on the field. Not to mention the Seahawks are clicking on all cylinders right now. Shaun gets my vote.

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts

If he played on a team that got national coverage he would be winning this poll hands down. I'm not saying he's better than LT (I have Alexander rated 2nd behind him), but he's definetly an elite back, he's really one of the only elite players on the seahawks. If it wasn't for Alexander the Seahawks wouldn't be on their way to a bye in the NFC playoffs.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Both him and Edge are screaming PAY ME!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Gotta be LT. Brees and Gates are studs too, but LT is the offense. He's amazing.

If LT got hurt, the Chargers wouldn't be worth watching. In fact, nobody would watch them...or go to the games. They'd be in church all Sunday, just praying for LT.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Alexander. He could be on his way to rushing for over 2000 yards and breaking the single season rushing TD mark...and hardly anyone realizes it.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hobojoe said:
Alexander. He could be on his way to rushing for over 2000 yards and breaking the single season rushing TD mark...and hardly anyone realizes it.
oh wow thats true i never even realized it..if Alexander keeps on pace this season he will be over the 2,000 yard mark by years end!! RUN SHAUN RUN!

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts
I don't see how people can say LT is the MVP. Best running back in the game, yes, but the MVP? His team is currently not in the playoffs with him, and without him they still wouldn't be in the playoffs. So how is he valuable? Shaun on the other hand has been a huge part of the 'Hawks offense and if the season were to end today the 'Hawks would have a bye. Yes I know that the Chargers play in the stronger AFC as opposed to the Seahawks in the NFC, but even just look at the teams they've played. The Chargers have a losing record against NFC opponents(1-2), the Seahawks have a split against the AFC, and a higher winning % in every other category.

Shaun is your offensive MVP. I could listen to arguments for Edge(although I think the other elite weapons on that offense hurt his case), but LT is just a ludicris argument.

If I was starting a team and could pick one player it would be Tomlinson, but the MVP of the first half is Shaun.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Wink said:
I don't see how people can say LT is the MVP. Best running back in the game, yes, but the MVP? His team is currently not in the playoffs with him, and without him they still wouldn't be in the playoffs. So how is he valuable? Shaun on the other hand has been a huge part of the 'Hawks offense and if the season were to end today the 'Hawks would have a bye. Yes I know that the Chargers play in the stronger AFC as opposed to the Seahawks in the NFC, but even just look at the teams they've played. The Chargers have a losing record against NFC opponents(1-2), the Seahawks have a split against the AFC, and a higher winning % in every other category.

Shaun is your offensive MVP. I could listen to arguments for Edge(although I think the other elite weapons on that offense hurt his case), but LT is just a ludicris argument.

If I was starting a team and could pick one player it would be Tomlinson, but the MVP of the first half is Shaun.
Alrite, let's go through the list, since it seems you're not familiar with it.

LT is running behind a bad, bad offensive line.

LT has a horrible coach taking touches away from him.

The Chargers have played the hardest schedule in the league, so I'm not exactly sure how that goes against the argument for LT as MVP.

Without LT, this team is 0-9, so that point of yours is actually no point at all.

But you are right on one part. 835 yards rushing with 13 TD, 264 yards receiving with 2 TD, and 3 TD passing obviously proves to be a ludicrous MVP argument.

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts
jmk said:
Alrite, let's go through the list, since it seems you're not familiar with it.

LT is running behind a bad, bad offensive line.

LT has a horrible coach taking touches away from him.

The Chargers have played the hardest schedule in the league, so I'm not exactly sure how that goes against the argument for LT as MVP.

Without LT, this team is 0-9, so that point of yours is actually no point at all.

But you are right on one part. 835 yards rushing with 13 TD, 264 yards receiving with 2 TD, and 3 TD passing obviously proves to be a ludicrous MVP argument.
Yes, but again, 0-9 or 5-4 guess what you still aren't in the playoffs(currently). And isn't that what matters. To me to have value you have to bring your team to a level it wouldn't be without you. take a non playoff team to the playoffs, take a borderline playoff team to being a leader in the conference etc. Before this season started you coulnd't find a reputable football analyst around who would have predicted the Seahawks to be better than the Chargers. But on Alexanders back the Seahawks have become one of the dominent teams.

And you can use the coaches argument all you want, but Marty Schottenheimer hasn't lasted in the NFL for 30 years by being a terrible coach. Has he had trouble winning the playoffs, no doubt. Mike Holmgren isn't some god that is worshipped up here in the pacific northwest though. Trust me Holmgren is just as much of a head scratcher.

I just don't see how you can give a guy on a team that has not lived up to expectations, when there is another player at the same position who beats him in every single rushing category. in preseason the Chargers were expected to be a top 5, if not top 3, offense. They have not lived up to expectations and although I'm not blaming LDT, I don't think you can give the MVP award to someone who's value to his team has been diminished because of their lack of performance.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
I don't think you can blame LT for his surroundings.

(And yes, Marty is a horrible coach. If we have someone else in place of him, we're at least 7-2 this season, maybe even 9-0.)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts