Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Mike Anderson is the Mizzou coach, what do you think MU will do next season?

• Top of the standings ahead of KU and Texas. hahaha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Top 3 teams

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • middle of the pack BIg 12 and missed NCAA's again

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Below Baylor and be the laughing stock of the conference

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike Anderson is the Mizzou coach, what do you think MU will do next season?

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I chose middle of the pack

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
I don't know how good they can possibly be in his first season, especially since he doesn't have much of a chance to recruit. All I hope for is that the team plays hard and with passion, and I think Anderson can help cultivate such an atmosphere as well as anyone.

And a lot of their success depends on if Gardner come back.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Don't mean to take this completely OT, but anyone see that the guy (AD Alden) who presumably hired Anderson may be fired??? Which in turn might cause Anderson to withdraw. What an unholy mess that place has become. I can't see anybody succeeding in that situation right now.

MU might fire athletic director, hire coach in same afternoon
BY MIKE DeARMOND
The Kansas City Star

In the midst of the crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s on the contract for new basketball coach Mike Anderson, the University of Missouri Board of Curators today is considering firing the man who hired him.

This was all news to Mike Alden, the embattled MU athletic director, who when reached at his home in Columbia early Sunday morning said he had not been notified of any meeting to consider his tenure.

“Why would you put that out?” Alden said. “Nothing makes sense here right now.”

MU systems president Elson Floyd, UMC chancellor Brady Deaton and members of the Board of Curators went into a closed-door session during a meeting that began at 12:30 p.m. Sunday. Also, MU officials said there would be a 3 p.m. news conference at Mizzou Arena to announce the hiring of a new coach, whom sources have told The Star is Anderson.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that sources had said if Alden is terminated, Missouri will honor the contract or allow Anderson to withdraw, regardless of whether the contract has been signed yet.

Alden was obviously taken by surprise.

“We’re getting ready to introduce a new basketball coach,” Alden said.

Alden said that the final terms were due to be concluded on the agreement with Anderson on Sunday morning. That is what was agreed to late Saturday night.

Now, everything at Missouri is apparently uncertain.

Alden seemed more bewildered than anything.

“I’m sure I’ve made plenty of mistakes,” Alden said. “Everybody has. But I just got up and walked the dog.”

And now he may be fighting for his job.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/colleges/university_of_missouri/14193044.htm

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
Alden should have been fired 2 years ago along with Quin.

I am utterly ashamed of how the University has handled the athletic department over the last few years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.