Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is averaging 20 points per game on 47 percent shooting, and close to 6 assists this season after tonights game vs Charlotte. Ever since Bosh went down he's been averaging 28 points per game over 7 games.

I'm a Mike James hater, but he's been playing pretty well lately, and he has said next season he wants to be top 5 in scoring, and hopefully assists, and he's going to make sure he does it, he just wants a team to 'trust' him. He may be a a bone head at times, but this guy plays with ALL HEART on the floor, and he has an impecable work ethic that few posses, so it's not out of reach he might be scoring 20+ ppg next season as a two guard next season.
 

· What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,598 Posts
Mike James is a chucker... You can see it in his body language as soon as he comes down that court that he's going to shoot. Numbers are extremely misleading as he does nothing more than shoot shoot shoot and shoot again... He shoots entirely too much for a non-superstar... He's got Kobes mentality with a PG position and without even close to the same ability. That being said, he is a fairly decent player. He plays hard, and he hits some big shots. Would I want him on my team? No way... He doesn't run the offense well enough for a PG...
 

· Banned
Joined
·
4,647 Posts
I'm a Mike James hater, but he's been playing pretty well lately, and he has said next season he wants to be top 5 in scoring, and hopefully assists, and he's going to make sure he does it, he just wants a team to 'trust' him.
Sounds like that'll be quite the fun time for him then.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hairy Midget said:
Good, you can keep him.
Who said Toronto fans want him? There are teams out there that need scoring, and Mike James could help them. Raptors have plenty of scoring, we need defense.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also again I'm a hater, but shooting 47 percent from the floor, and 44 percent from 3 point land while making 155 three's is a pretty efficient chucker IMO.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,781 Posts
Chris Bosh #4 said:
Raptors have plenty of scoring, we need defense.
He's a good defender, but yeah, a perimeter defender isn't going to have the impact you want. MJ's problems are that he's not a good distributor, and that he's not suited to guarding shooting guards. Talented scorer, but there aren't too many teams right now that need a guy like him in their starting lineup. He's a better fit for you guys than for most others.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
I really hope that the Raptors do not sign Mike James back. If they do i hope that they pay him the MLE and have him come off the bench as the 6th man. James is too much of a chucker, his percentage does look good but iff you watch the games he will take shots in like 4/5 rap possessions without even looking to pass to someone, he also will miss all 4 of those shots. James also gets rejected way too much, from all of the raptors game that i have seen he has been blocked at least 2 times when he goes for those off balance layups. If you can control james play like the pistons did in 2004, he can be a valuable player.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
kg_mvp03-04 said:
I really hope that the Raptors do not sign Mike James back. If they do i hope that they pay him the MLE and have him come off the bench as the 6th man. James is too much of a chucker, his percentage does look good but iff you watch the games he will take shots in like 4/5 rap possessions without even looking to pass to someone, he also will miss all 4 of those shots. James also gets rejected way too much, from all of the raptors game that i have seen he has been blocked at least 2 times when he goes for those off balance layups. If you can control james play like the pistons did in 2004, he can be a valuable player.
I felt the same way watching him when he was with Houston last year. He was running down the court not even looking at other teammates , just looking out for his own numbers. I think theres alot of guys in the NBA capable of numbers like that but many of them play team ball.
 

· Tru Warier
Joined
·
13,652 Posts
Quite the hating on Mike, he's played great ball this year, finally has an important role on a team, and now everyone's calling him a chucker and stat padder. Celtics fans were sorry to see him go. Pistons fans were sorry to see him go. Rockets fans were sorry to see him go. And if the Raptors decide to let him go and experiment with someone else running the point next reason then they'll be sorry to let him go as well.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
11,640 Posts
Yao Mania said:
Quite the hating on Mike, he's played great ball this year, finally has an important role on a team, and now everyone's calling him a chucker and stat padder. Celtics fans were sorry to see him go. Pistons fans were sorry to see him go. Rockets fans were sorry to see him go. And if the Raptors decide to let him go and experiment with someone else running the point next reason then they'll be sorry to let him go as well.


You have a point, except that he was coming off the bench in boston, det and houston right? No he has the most important role on the raps, starting PG.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,449 Posts
He kind of reminds me of Gilbert Arenas. Both can score in bunches, spread the defense out w/ their long range shooting, both are pretty good defenders & both are far from your typical pass first point guard.
 

· Tru Warier
Joined
·
13,652 Posts
23isback said:
Mike James is probably the only guy who plays D on the raptors.
And MoPete, and I supposh Bosh is not a bad defender too. MJ, MoPete and Bosh make up a good core for the Raps while guys like Graham and SuperNueva are developing. Due to Mike getting so much PT this year the team's become so accustomed to playing with him. Bringing in a new starting PG at this point not named Steve Nash or Jason Kidd would just put the team back at step 1 again.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Hakeem said:
He's a good defender, but yeah, a perimeter defender isn't going to have the impact you want. MJ's problems are that he's not a good distributor, and that he's not suited to guarding shooting guards. Talented scorer, but there aren't too many teams right now that need a guy like him in their starting lineup. He's a better fit for you guys than for most others.
Please don't refer to this guy as MJ.....He's had a good year though and as a free agent, he probably just made himself a lot of money. Good work Mike Jaaames...Who?...Mike Jaaaames.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top