Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Everyone seems to like dissing the Bulls and JKrauz specifically. I don't care what they think, all i know is that we have improved greatly. All of those people just look for something to write. I know we are still not yet a playoff team but so what, give us time. Just look at how long did the other GMs take to build teams like the Clippers, Cavs, Pistons, Bucks, etc... I know that i has taken us 4 years but so what, at least we are somwhere now. On paper, we are pretty talented and the future seems pretty good to me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
TJ, I think we may have already discussed this article but here is what the guy had to say about the Bulls

Chicago Bulls: Granted, it appears Jerry Krause really sticking to his plan this year ... but getting the second pick and nabbing Jay Williams took no thought or effort. He may have added a keeper in the second round in Roger Mason Jr., but bringing on annual disappointment Donyell Marshall isn't what this team needed. Yes, it appeared by the time coach Bill Cartwright got his feet on the ground replacing Tim Floyd, things were better. But how much? And how much patience can be expected for a team that traded skilled youth for soon-to-be-30-year-old Jalen Rose? So if they improve a lot this season, maybe they'll win 30 games... which will make it a grand total of 96 during a five-year span. And people still buy suites for that?

This guy isn't questioning the decision to draft Jay Williams, but he is just putting a spin on this decision for the sake of supporting the rest of his article. The bottom line is he is not giving Krause credit for doing what most other GM's would have done if they had the opportunity.

It's kind of funny to me, but the writers that wanted to express the thought that JK was steering the Bulls in the right direction right after the draft said that he did a good thing by not getting too creative and making the "simple play" by drafting J-Will.

Now this guy takes the same decision, and by the time he is done with it, Krause gets no credit for what most analysts seemed to believe to be a pretty solid decision.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I don't understand how the bulls could be a loser getting a guy who can play 2 positions and when he was given the minutes doubled his production. I know he had special point guard that could get a few easy buckets but we do have Jalen Rose whose unselfish play will get him some easy baskets as well. Second they didn't have to break the bank to get a guy that averages double figures starting or coming off the bench and rebounds. Yeah, real dumb move! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Yeah Mike Kahnt really has his fingers on the pulse

That is if the pulse is up his date

What a talentless bum

Doesnt this gimp know that the Summer of hate was in 2000 and one more time with feeling in 2001?

Sure there are going to be those knowledeable hater types that still think we are the same ball club as 2 years - hell even 1 year ago and will still feed off the Summers of hate past.... but Mike Kahnt seriously needs to get a freaking clue

I suppose this MJ jocksniffer would have lauded the signing of Larry "I've had 4 years to prove myself" Hughes as a masterstroke and that he is young with plenty of upside

Jalen Rose is 30 ! Oh No ! Get the shotgun out and out this horse down - he's obviously going to pull up lame

THe only thing lame here is Mike Kahnt and his pi55poor spin on things just to turn some easy copy

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Well said, FJ! Theres still alot of Bull-haters from the dynasty years. Oh well, Mike Kahnt is an idiot, what are you gonna do.....

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I wonder Mike was influenced by Sam Smith's D rating as Sam is the most nationally respected beat writer covering the Bulls.

Seems likely...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts