Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think we should we should all give Bulls4ever over at RealGM a hearty round of applause for setting up a Q&A with Mike McGraw of the Daily Herald using questions from posters from here and RealGM. FJ led off the questions.

http://www.bulls4ever.com/article.php?sid=74

Perhaps the most interesting tidbit of information was this unexpected response to an ERob question.

Montree1969: How is E-Rob's health, can we expect big minutes from him this season coming up?

Answer: I've heard that Robinson has really dedicated himself this summer and his toe is feeling fine. Word is, he gets to the Berto at 7:30 every morning and has committed to lifting weights for the first time in his life.

One thing we've heard a lot from Robinson and Brad Miller and even Hersey Hawkins is how the Hornets do next to nothing in practice under Paul Silas. I heard Hawkins and E-Rob joking last season that a typical Hornets practice was Silas telling the starters to shoot a few free throws and the rest of the guys would play full-court three-on-three to stay in shape.

One of Eddie's friends said that after two easy years in Charlotte, he probably wasn't ready for the Bulls' workout routine. This summer, Robinson is making sure he is prepared for the season and we'll see if it pays off. I don't think anyone would question that he still has untapped potential and is one of the best athletes in the league.

Overall, my impression is that Mike McGraw is higher on Crawford, Fizer, and Robinson than many of us on this board are, in particular me, while being a little more realistic about Curry and Chandler.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NCBullsFan</b>!
I think we should we should all give Bulls4ever over at RealGM a hearty round of applause for setting up a Q&A with Mike McGraw of the Daily Herald using questions from posters from here and RealGM. FJ led off the questions.

http://www.bulls4ever.com/article.php?sid=74

Perhaps the most interesting tidbit of information was this unexpected response to an ERob question.

Montree1969: How is E-Rob's health, can we expect big minutes from him this season coming up?

Answer: I've heard that Robinson has really dedicated himself this summer and his toe is feeling fine. Word is, he gets to the Berto at 7:30 every morning and has committed to lifting weights for the first time in his life.

One thing we've heard a lot from Robinson and Brad Miller and even Hersey Hawkins is how the Hornets do next to nothing in practice under Paul Silas. I heard Hawkins and E-Rob joking last season that a typical Hornets practice was Silas telling the starters to shoot a few free throws and the rest of the guys would play full-court three-on-three to stay in shape.

One of Eddie's friends said that after two easy years in Charlotte, he probably wasn't ready for the Bulls' workout routine. This summer, Robinson is making sure he is prepared for the season and we'll see if it pays off. I don't think anyone would question that he still has untapped potential and is one of the best athletes in the league.

Overall, my impression is higher on Crawford, Fizer, and Robinson that many of us on this board are, in particular me, while being a little more realistic about Curry and Chandler.

Good stuff.

A healthy and committed Eddie Robinson only helps us more.

VD

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Very nice!

Hey that's great. McGraw was willing to take a lot of questions. I liked his responses -- I think he is a very fair and reasonable reporter. With one possible exception:
With so many teams in need of muscle around the basket, maybe there's a chance they could trade Fizer - if he gets better -- and someone else for a small forward like Mike Miller, Turkoglu or Szczerbiak.
We can trade Fizer for Turkoglu??? Sign me up! :grinning:

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
That was a good read. McGraw is always a good read. Since I've called for open season on Jay Marriotti baiting on the "Jerry Krause Press" thread, maybe we can collect some posts and invite Jay on this board to defend himself.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Kudos to bulls4ever.com. I realize that their message board has its problems, but they're a website, not just a message board. I think that the McGraw Q&A is a coup for the site. Yeah, I write for them, so I'm prejudiced. It's one of their better days.

Well done, lads.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Originally posted by <b>gettinbranded</b>!
McGraw is obviously a fan of the team.

Wish the other sports reporters were. :mad:
That's d*mn right.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nice job on that Q&A. Very interesting stuff about Charlotte and their light practices. That may be one reason why Brad Miller had such a bad 1st year with the Bulls. The summer before his 2nd year, he supposedly worked out harder then he ever had to prepare himself for the season, and he had a vastly superior 2nd year with the Bulls. Could E-Rob be the same way since they both came over from Charlotte while Silas was coaching there?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>transplant</b>!
Kudos to bulls4ever.com. I realize that their message board has its problems, but they're a website, not just a message board. I think that the McGraw Q&A is a coup for the site. Yeah, I write for them, so I'm prejudiced. It's one of their better days.

Well done, lads.
what he said

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Its great to see what they done. ZE gave credit to chicagosports4ever. I tried looking into something like that for here. Chicagosports said no. Said KC answers questions from people T/O the regular season and that is enough. so far no reply from Sun times or herald.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Great article. Good questions and even better answers. Finally a columist who understands Bulls basketball and is realistic as well. I am hopeful that the Bulls are able to sneak into the playoffs this year, but I realize that probably will not happen.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I wsas really surprised and pleased to hear how hard E-Rob is working, he might end up really shining this year.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I agree. I am pleased as well to hear that ERob is healthy is working hard this off season. In a fast break situation ERob could be amazing. A run-and-gun unit of JWill (or JC), Rose, ERob, Chandler, and Curry may give older and/or slower teams a lot of problems. However, I am a bit skeptical as to how effective ERob will ever be in a half court set. I am especially doubtful that he'll be effective in the triangle offense. I hope I am wrong though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts