Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How about we put together a package for Mike Miller and Lorenzen Wright. Not sure if we could make the salaries would work but Miller is a great shooter with good ball handling skills and really nice size at 6'8". He has the skills to take over the 2 spot. Wright would give us that coveted big man with some offensive skills in 01-02 given 29.1 min he was about 12ppg and 10rpg and I dont think we can hope for much better than that this year. Maybe a package of Tim Thomas, Nocioni and Songalia Pick up Peja in the off season. This may not be a championship team but it is certainly the best team we have had since the MJ era.
PG) Hinrich/Duhon/Pargo
SG) Miller/Hinrich/Gordon
SF) Stojakovic/Miller/Deng
PF) Chandler/Sweetney/Harrington
C) Wright/Chandler/Harrington
Comments? Are the salaries close? Anyone think we could make it work?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I proposed the same two a while ago. But I couldn't make it work ont he Grizzlies side. West loves Mike Miller. I feel Duhon would have to go back. I would still do it, though.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I like millers game but he seems to be off to a really slow start this season and if i am not mistaken i dont this he is even starting any more.

Does anyone know why?

david

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
giusd said:
I like millers game but he seems to be off to a really slow start this season and if i am not mistaken i dont this he is even starting any more.

Does anyone know why?

david

Because their starting lineup needs defense. Namely Shane Battier. Not starting isn;t a measure of anything. Miller is still good for as many minutes a night as a starter, and offensively plays 3 positions. Defensively, none, but rough with the smooth and all that.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
BullsFan4Ever said:
How about we put together a package for Mike Miller and Lorenzen Wright. Not sure if we could make the salaries would work but Miller is a great shooter with good ball handling skills and really nice size at 6'8". He has the skills to take over the 2 spot. Wright would give us that coveted big man with some offensive skills in 01-02 given 29.1 min he was about 12ppg and 10rpg and I dont think we can hope for much better than that this year. Maybe a package of Tim Thomas, Nocioni and Songalia Pick up Peja in the off season. This may not be a championship team but it is certainly the best team we have had since the MJ era.
PG) Hinrich/Duhon/Pargo
SG) Miller/Hinrich/Gordon
SF) Stojakovic/Miller/Deng
PF) Chandler/Sweetney/Harrington
C) Wright/Chandler/Harrington
Comments? Are the salaries close? Anyone think we could make it work?
The only thing Memphis would have any interest in is Tyson Chandler. The Grizzlies aren't in the business of trading talent for expiring trash.

Especially when Thomas and Nocioni play at our most "full" position.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Mikedc said:
Miller's a nice player when he's healthy but he seems to always have a nagging injury
He's actually been very durable since recovering from those nagging back injuries in 03-04. He had a concussion in practice last year, and that's really been his only injury where he's missed several straight games.

He's been coming off the bench because Fratello stresses defense (and Eddie Jones and Battier are better at it). Miller's no defensive stopper, but he's every bit the hustle player, and he goes 100 percent in every game. The only problem is he's a starter in this league, and coming off the bench has seemed to rattle him and his style of play early on.

And you guys can have Wright for free. He's garbage.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
ShamBulls said:
And they can't have Chandler. We're not trading away everybody over 6'9, just Tim Thomas.
And Memphis, with Lorenzen Wright, Lawrence Roberts, John Thomas and Jake Tsakalidis as our only centers, isn't going to trade Lorenzen and Miller for that junk without getting a legit big man to go along with it.

So I wouldn't expect a deal.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Rawse said:
And Memphis, with Lorenzen Wright, Lawrence Roberts, John Thomas and Jake Tsakalidis as our only centers, isn't going to trade Lorenzen and Miller for that junk without getting a legit big man to go along with it.

So I wouldn't expect a deal.
I wouldn't either, but Memphis should be so lucky to get rid of Miller's contract, I am personally not a fan at all. And Lorenzen Wright is not going to be in Memphis next year so they are bound to trade him for very little at some point, unless they continue to play as well as they have, which I doubt, but the west is a lot weaker this year it seems so maybe I'm wrong. I wouldn't like this trade for either team.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Me neither, which is why I said that. To make any deal, Pau would have to be your center. And that wouldn't go down too well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts