1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from hoops world:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_654.shtml

clip:

Krause’s pursuit of Miller could cool with former Sixer Matt Harpring now an unrestricted free agent. Harpring is known as a tough defender and averaged 11.8 points and 7.1 rebounds, both career-highs, with Philadelphia last season. The 26-year-old has also had stints with Orlando and Cleveland.

With Jalen Rose and Jason Williams expected to do the bulk of the scoring, and more expected offensively from Eddie Robinson, Harpring seems the better fit for the Bulls. While Miller would excite fans with some nifty shooting, a dirty-work type is sorely missing from this team, and the young Harpring would fit the bill ideally.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I would think that their chances of making the playoffs this year would be increased significantly with him on board, but i'd like to see them try to get a deal on him. I don't think he's worth the whole mid-level exception.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rose, Robinson and Miller...or Rose, Robinson and Harpring...either rotation at the swing positions makes the Bulls a better ballclub than they would be if JC was in the mix. And lets not forget that Hassell will be looking for his minutes as well.

If JC departs via a trade I expect Williams would be backed up by either Kevin Ollie, who knows the triangle, or maybe Travis Best if he's unable to hook up with someone else.

Fizer's another matter entirely. So far after two seasons he's done little to generate interest from other ballclubs. I've heard that he has little trade value. So everyone that's touting him for next season's 6th Man Award, you might want to rethink your position because outside of Chicago, no one else thinks that highly of the one demensional Marcus Fizer. In fact, if the Bulls go ahead and sign a free agent like Corie Blount, we'll discover that even the Bulls don't think much of him either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts