Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
27,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike Miller outshined everyone in the Memphis-Denver game tonight. He had one of those lights-out 7-7 FG starts where you think he just won't shoot as much in the second half and finish 9-13 FG. But this time, he just kept shooting, and Memphis exorcised a lot of demons against a Nuggets team that's had their number the past two seasons.

So, Miller's had:
1) a triple-double off the bench.
2) 41 points off the bench.

This obviously isn't an everyday game for Miller, but he has to be considered the frontrunner for Sixth Man of the Year.

For anyone interested, the last time someone had 40+ off the bench was when Darius Miles had that crazy game last year in the Blazers' final game.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Mike Miller Scores 41 Points!

It's a new personal best & he also tied a franchise high against the Nuggets. Impressive. Crazy night in the NBA.

Reactions: Carbo04 and bbasok

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Rawse said:
Mike Miller outshined everyone in the Memphis-Denver game tonight. He had one of those lights-out 7-7 FG starts where you think he just won't shoot as much in the second half and finish 9-13 FG. But this time, he just kept shooting, and Memphis exorcised a lot of demons against a Nuggets team that's had their number the past two seasons.

So, Miller's had:
1) a triple-double off the bench.
2) 41 points off the bench.

This obviously isn't an everyday game for Miller, but he has to be considered the frontrunner for Sixth Man of the Year.

For anyone interested, the last time someone had 40+ off the bench was when Darius Miles had that crazy game last year in the Blazers' final game.
We made a thread about the same topic @ the same time. Please can someone kindly merge. Thanx.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
27,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Demiloy said:
In my understanding, a bench player usually doesn't play 41 minutes. What happened to the guy he replaced?
Eddie Jones played 37 minutes. Battier played 25, because he was contributing nothing on offense.

And a bench player usually doesn't play 41 minutes. Does it matter?

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
27,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
matt! said:
Hey, rawse, get this non-Kobe propaganda off the General board!
If I was a fan of certain other NBA players, this would be the point where I and all the 15-year-old groupies would call you a HATER in all caps. And then hurl our waste at you like chimps at a zoo.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
universal! said:
41Mins
15-25 FGM-FGA (63%)
5-12 3PM-3PA (42%)

6-6 FTM-FTA
4R
0A

Pretty good numbers, thought Gasol also had a great game. (8-10 18points 4 reb 7 assists)

%63?!? That's crazy

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Mike Miller is one of the more talented guys in the league, but he has never shown the interest in displaying it on a consistent basis and he seems more comfortable being relegeted to being a shooter. I personally call him a poor man's Tracy McGrady.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
universal! said:
41Mins
15-25 FGM-FGA (63%)
5-12 3PM-3PA (42%)
6-6 FTM-FTA
4R
0A
Pfff, who cares if he came off the bench to score 41 points, it took him 24 shots to do it anyways. What bench player takes 24 shots. You don't see Earl Boykins doing that, cuz he knows how to play the team game. Miller almost cost his team the game by not passing the ball, luckily he has good teamates to pick up his 0 assists.

J/K It was a great game, I just wanted to put in a response I always see in Kobe threads after great games. BTW who was guarding him?

Reactions: bbasok

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,777 Posts
0 assists? That's pitiful. And the fact that he played 41 minutes kind of makes the "...off the bench..." part worthless.

Hey this is kind of fun!

Reactions: bbasok
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.