Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and rubin? Seems nate might have to trade them, none of them would make me sad if they were gone while keeping the team ball players and drafting replacements but who I have no idea. Might as well blow it up cus miles and zbo arent seeming to understand team ball.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
It would be nice to trade Miles,Ruben for Paul pierce.Miles is all star caliber and Ruben fills the salary.Then trade Z-bo to someone else.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I don't see Miles or Zach being traded any time soon. It would be an interesting explanation from Nash as to why they spent so much money on them to form the cornerstones of their rebuilding effort only to turn around and trade them less than two years later.

But, as I said, I don't expect that explanation because I don't think they'll be moved in the near future.

Ed O.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Zidane said:
It would be nice to trade Miles,Ruben for Paul pierce.Miles is all star caliber and Ruben fills the salary.Then trade Z-bo to someone else.
why would boston do that

they already have Ricky Davis as a SF

and Ruben Patterson is old... they have Al Jefferson to work with as PF

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
siK_sTyLeZz said:
why would boston do that

they already have Ricky Davis as a SF

and Ruben Patterson is old... they have Al Jefferson to work with as PF
depends on if Boston actually wants to get rid of Pierce (I'm not convinced they do) they think this draft is strong (no way of knowing). Also, ruben isn't a PF, he's a SF.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Miles is all star caliber
In what league is Miles "all-star caliber". With their contracts, health issues and overall "baggage" these guys aren't worth anywhere what some people think they are.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Personally, I'd rather trade for Davis at this point in time. Dude's a friggin' STUD in my book. Sure he took some heat for making some poor decisions early on in his career... but he's regarded as the most team-oriented guy on that Celtics squad. I'm not sure what it'd take to get him... but I'd be ALL for it. Anyone have any suggestions about the idea of Davis? I think he'd be an EXCELLENT addition to this team.

How 'bout Miles (+ filler; maybe Outlaw?) for Davis (+ filler; doesn't really matter)? I'm not on the "Trade Darius" bandwagon, by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be willing to trade him for Davis. We need a SG and would have plenty of guys remaining to man the SF position. Davis can handle the 1-3 positions with relative ease and would give us a reliable/proven outside shooting threat.

Any ideas/suggestions??? Thoughts???

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Zidane said:
Why isin't he all star.He was having 19-23 point games before the last game.
because 8 games doesn't make one an all star, nor would him averaging that for the whole season.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
CanJohno said:
Personally, I'd rather trade for Davis at this point in time. Dude's a friggin' STUD in my book. Sure he took some heat for making some poor decisions early on in his career... but he's regarded as the most team-oriented guy on that Celtics squad. I'm not sure what it'd take to get him... but I'd be ALL for it. Anyone have any suggestions about the idea of Davis? I think he'd be an EXCELLENT addition to this team.

How 'bout Miles (+ filler; maybe Outlaw?) for Davis (+ filler; doesn't really matter)? I'm not on the "Trade Darius" bandwagon, by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be willing to trade him for Davis. We need a SG and would have plenty of guys remaining to man the SF position. Davis can handle the 1-3 positions with relative ease and would give us a reliable/proven outside shooting threat.

Any ideas/suggestions??? Thoughts???
One headcase for another no thanks..no need for Ricky I toss the ball up at my own teams basket to get a triple double Davis in Portland.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
sa1177 said:
One headcase for another no thanks..no need for Ricky I toss the ball up at my own teams basket to get a triple double Davis in Portland.
Yeah, who needs a SG that averages 20+ ppg, 5+ rpg, and 5+ apg!?

I know we don't... that's for SURE! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
CanJohno said:
Yeah, who needs a SG that averages 20+ ppg, 5+ rpg, and 5+ apg!?

I know we don't... that's for SURE! :rolleyes:
I will admit I did not know his numbers were that good this year but I will would still have reservations trading for him regardless. A headcase is a headcase, no way around it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Headcase? Very illinformed....Ricky has been a model citizen and teammate in Boston....he is very well liked there. No way Boston trades anyone to Portland unless the conversation starts with Telfair.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
NBAGOD said:
Headcase? Very illinformed....Ricky has been a model citizen and teammate in Boston....he is very well liked there. No way Boston trades anyone to Portland unless the conversation starts with Telfair.
Illinformed..no. You are correct he has behaved well in the last couple of years yet you forget this is a guy who was such a egotripped Prima Donna that he shot on his own teams basket trying to get a triple double.

We already have "StatBo" and "Darius I need shots Miles" we just don't need another player like that IMO. If we were to trade Darius for Davis it might be something to consider I suppose.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
NBAGOD said:
He's right. Ricky Davis has seemingly made the improbable 180. He went from looking like the next J.R. Rider to a solid guy. I watched a show on him and he's really a different cat. He said he still "bugs out" and gets "a little crazy sometimes", but coach Rivers brings him back down to earth. Rivers must have put something in the locker room water cooler because Paul Pierce is playing more focussed and is overall more team oriented than he's probably ever been.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts