Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's a good young player but unlike some other athletic sf/sg hybrid he can't shoot worth a lick.

Anyway do you guys honestly believe donald will put up money? I don't.

Personally, I think Clippers might give Brand the max, and maybe miles later on.

Odom will be traded, and they'll have a rotating team of good young players, w/ a few getting traded each year so donald gets the rookie contracts which are cheaper.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
No Clippers will get the max for atleast another few years. The young guys will get a lot of money though. I mean a lot of money.:yes:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Miles has the potential to be a top five player in the league. The Clippers will, and should give him a huge contract. Whether it is a max deal or not I dont know. But Miles will get his just based on potential.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Miles has a lot to prove

Right now he's still not much more than an average player. But he does have a lot of potential. If he plays better next year, like a player worth the max, then they might sign him. They won't sign him for the max, or any big contract unless they deal Odom though. There's no reason to have two players who play the same position getting huge amounts of money. If they deal Q or Maggette, or both, and play Odom at the 2, then they could keep them both, but that's the only way IMO.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Right now, it's a pretty dumb question to ask(no offense bro, it's just such a long way away).

Right now, obviously Miles is not worth it. Not even close.

But, the type of potential he has suggest that he may be worth it. Over the next 3 years, he will start to show whether or not he's going to reach his potential or not, and then we'll know if he's worth it.

If I had to make a bet right now, I'd say, yes, he will be worth the MAX.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by RD
If I had to make a bet right now, I'd say, yes, he will be worth the MAX.
I agree. I think he will be a special player. And it is posible for him to play along side Odom because both players can play multiple positions. Miles can play SG, SF, and (don't laugh) even powerforward. Odom can play anything from point to limited pf. The clips will find creative ways to have Miles and Odom on the court at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts