Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Well done, Nate.

Sounds like a good enough chap. Now let's see if he can extend his shooting range a few feet to open up the inside for Zach and Rasheed.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Yeah, everyone seems to know about the friendship between Miles and Q Richardson, but Zach Randolph? Let's hope they find some chemistry together over the next couple of months.

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the love guys.

I think Miles will be a nice addition, but even if he isn't we didn't give up much to get him. It's a good deal pretty much any way you look at it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
He sounds a little like Damon here:

"I really was happy about it. You know I'm a long time friend with Zach (Randolph), and I've been knowing him since I was like in 10th grade. It was real cool to come over with a friend, you know I know Rasheed (Wallace) and all the rest of the players

:D

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BlazerShorty990</b>!
Nice Job as always. I hope you get paid good.
If you aren't paid well yet, just keep up the good work and I'm sure higher profile jobs will follow. This was my favorite of your articles so far.

I think Miles could be a real nice fit on the defensive end beside Zach and Sheed. It's always good when you have more then just one shotblocker for guys who drive the lane to worry about. I think he and Rube will be able to go all out and bring a lot of energy to the 3 spot for Portland. If he has any sort of offensive success he should be able to earn 20+ minutes in the regular rotation.

I also think Darius could be a boon in the PR department for our maligned team. He's a bright eyed enthusiastic player with an exciting game who seems to embrace talking to the media more then some :grinning: At the least it should give the nasty collumnist types something new to spin.

STOMP

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Re: Re: Miles Introduced As A Blazer

Originally posted by <b>Flaming Homer</b>!
I really enjoy to read your articles, they're a great alternation from this oregon-stuff:greatjob:
So true. Quick or Canzano would probably try to make Miles look shady or bad...the constant negativity just doesn't stop with those clowns.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Remember when there was talk of Blazer Management wanting to move Qyntel because he was a bad influence on Zach Randolph? Maybe with Miles coming in he could be Q's replacement and Woods is on his way out for a point guard in another trade?

Just thinking out loud, maybe Woods has turned things around, but aren't they pretty much the same player?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HOWIE</b>!
Just thinking out loud, maybe Woods has turned things around, but aren't they pretty much the same player?
I think Woods has better ball-handling skills than Miles and he appears to make good b-ball decisions. The Blazer offense ran very well with Woods running the show so to speak. Miles is a slasher with size. Portland get even more athletic with Miles. I just hope they have enough b-ball IQ to win a lot of games.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts