Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great job Miles. He sucks when we win and he sucks when we loose. Just because he plays OK for a few games does not dismiss the many, many games he just mails in with pathetic effort, or the careless, lazy passes, the moronic charging fouls and his half-assed attept at getting a hand up.

MILES SUCKS!!!!

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
baler said:
Great job Miles. He sucks when we win and he sucks when we loose. Just because he plays OK for a few games does not dismiss the many, many games he just mails in with pathetic effort, or the careless, lazy passes, the moronic charging fouls and his half-assed attept at getting a hand up.

MILES SUCKS!!!!
I don't know if he sucks, I think he sometimes plays like he thinks he's much better than he is. Injuries aren't the cause of carrying the ball, or offensive fouls, or bad passes. Hopefully he'll settle down, but I don't think he (like Ruben) can change the negative aspects of their game anytime soon. Miles at least is young, whereas RUben is stuck being Ruben till he retires.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the record TO for one player? Miles with ****ing 6 already! How can anyone support this clown?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Like I've said, inconsistency is his nature. I don't believe that can ever be changed, but hopefully it can be minimized. For all the good he's capable of doing, you have to accept that there will be a healthy dose of the bad to go along with it, which begs the question of whether he's worth building around.

Dan

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
baler said:
What is the record TO for one player? Miles with ****ing 6 already! How can anyone support this clown?
Jason Kidd had 14 turnovers one game.

I guess he sucks too?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Wow, keep guzzling that Hater-ade. Miles has been one of our best players this season. At least he is willing to step up and take a shot when this team needs him. Without Miles this team would be absolutely hopeless with no other real scoring options besides Zach. Why aren't we talking about his steals and blocks either?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fork said:
Jason Kidd had 14 turnovers one game.

I guess he sucks too?
In case you forget the PG has the ball in his hands more often! Don't even try to compare Kidd and Miles. Miles will never be 1/4 the player Kidd is.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stupendous said:
Wow, keep guzzling that Hater-ade. Why aren't we talking about his steals and blocks either?
Go ahead! I guarantee he has more TO's than steals and blocks combined. Go ahead, talk it up!

·
Banned
765 Posts
Those turnovers(and his missed dunk) were indeed big swings in this game. I am sick of the traveling and charging violations more than anything. I've never seen an NBA player get called for more traveling violations...this league is extremly easy in that area.

But he is a good player, as with the team as a whole, it's the little crap that's costing us the games.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
baler said:
Go ahead! I guarantee he has more TO's than steals and blocks combined. Go ahead, talk it up!

Just saw that we are talking about the game going on right now (sorry, i just woke up). But in general, why the negative talk about miles? He has been one of the bright spots for the team this season and has shown alot of improvement. You cant bash him for one sloppy game, that is rediculous. He brings more to this team than people realize.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stupendous said:
Just saw that we are talking about the game going on right now (sorry, i just woke up). But in general, why the negative talk about miles? He has been one of the bright spots for the team this season and has shown alot of improvement. You cant bash him for one sloppy game, that is rediculous. He brings more to this team than people realize.

No biggy. I am just sick and tired of people supporting this clown when he has a good game or two. He should not be a team captain. He is lazy, over-paid and has a limited offensive game. Why do you think he has been on some many teams in his short NBA career. He is a cancer on most teams and playes hard only when he wants to. He is one of the most over-rated players in this league. His TO's are more than twice as many as his steals and block combined, I checked. Its just not this one bad game. He has had on one or two good games. He is just not that good of a player. Period!

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
It's easy to get turnovers and everyone does it most players get 1-2 blocks 2-3 steals a game so most people will have more to.I hate when people rag on Darius after one bad game.He has one bad game but hes had 4-5 good ones.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zidane said:
but hes had 4-5 good ones.
Not true. I guess you consider 11 pts, 4 rebs and 6 TO's a good game? My how far we have fallen!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Clyde Drexler once had a triple double with Portland -- on points, rebounds, and turnovers.

The more someone handles the ball, the more they are likely to turn the ball over. Right now, Telfair and Miles handle the ball the most. Definitely too many turnovers, but when the team as a whole has so many already, you can't just point to Miles and say "you're the culprit".

Nate has so much he needs to teach the team; it's going to take time to get the "smaller" things on track.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Give the guy a break. There is noone on this team that can consistantly draw out the defense. So where are the TO's going to amass. In the post, hence your post players are having the toughest time. If we had two consistant 3pt threats and were able to kick it out the way GS was doing, Miles would be driving to the basket repeatedly. What are you going to do when the scouting report tells the other team that there are two, and only two, guys to control and you are one of them.

IMO Jack is the only guy on this team that can really take care of the ball.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
BlazerCaravan said:
Clyde Drexler once had a triple double with Portland -- on points, rebounds, and turnovers.
I'd take Drexler in his first 5 years over Miles over the first 5 years of his career + the rest of it.

The more someone handles the ball, the more they are likely to turn the ball over. Right now, Telfair and Miles handle the ball the most. Definitely too many turnovers, but when the team as a whole has so many already, you can't just point to Miles and say "you're the culprit".

Nate has so much he needs to teach the team; it's going to take time to get the "smaller" things on track.
a lot of Miles turnovers aren't because he's "handling" the ball like a PG. Offensive fouls, carrying the ball and travelling are moves done in the flow of the offensive play. Not as if he's the PG.

·
Registered
821 Posts
After the Knicks game he's currently leading the league with 4.5 TO's per game. That's pretty impressive for a non pg.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Verro said:
After the Knicks game he's currently leading the league with 4.5 TO's per game. That's pretty impressive for a non pg.

Amen. Its not Zach, Telfair, or anyone else on the Blazers. Zach touched the ball more than Darius and turns the ball over often but not as Miles pace. When Miles averages 20/10 for a season then maybe I will lay off. The guy is a liability to have on your team. He is the new and improved SAR!

We need to trade the CURSE!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts