Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I like the team the way it is right now," Miles said. "Veteran point guard (in Damon Stoudamire), some leaders on the team. This is still a playoff team."

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I've played in as many playoff games as Darius Miles has. No offense to him, but I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about. :)

Interesting quote, though, and I hope he's right.

Ed O.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does that mean that YOU don't know what you're talking about?

Is that you in that picture?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NathanLane</b>!
Does that mean that YOU don't know what you're talking about?
It means I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about. Absolutely.

But no one started a thread that said, "Ed O. says we might not make the playoffs."

Is that you in that picture?
As I've already posted in another thread, earlier this evening: no.

Ed O.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
If you recall, Miles said that the Cavaliers would surprise a lot of people last season, and he meant it in a positive way.

The only surprising thing about the Cavs last year was how badly they sucked.

Darius isn't exactly a fortune teller...don't read into this too much.:)

·
Registered
762 Posts
yes he says this, as he points to our veteran PG. :laugh:

·
Registered
303 Posts
"I like the team the way it is right now," Miles said. "Veteran point guard (in Damon Stoudamire), some leaders on the team. This is still a playoff team."
Does this quote mean Darius is on drugs? He has a driver's license right? ;)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
In all fairness, he just came from the Eastern Conference, he may have meant the Blazers would be a playoff team in the Eastern Conference.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Also, you have to consider that he's been on nothing but losing teams throughout his young career and has seen the Blazers make the playoffs every single year he's been alive. There are good players left on this team that were here last season, so why not? Darius is used to seeing above average Portland teams. This year should not have been any different. But it is...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Darius may be right. After all the trade winds stop blowing, this team will refocus and go on a nice run to put themselves back in the playoff hunt. There's still a good amount of talent on the team.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Ironically, though, I think Miles is indirectly the reason Portland won't go on a refocused winning streak. Miles cost the team McInnis...while no world-beater, McInnis was less of a black hole than Stoudamire.

Now that the team must rely purely upon Stoudamire for all point guard duties, I think that's an effective barrier to extended winning streaks.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
Ironically, though, I think Miles is indirectly the reason Portland won't go on a refocused winning streak. Miles cost the team McInnis...while no world-beater, McInnis was less of a black hole than Stoudamire.

Now that the team must rely purely upon Stoudamire for all point guard duties, I think that's an effective barrier to extended winning streaks.
Mcinnis being traded didnt change anything, he would have played 3rd string because he was in the dog house with cheeks anyways. I think if anything Miles is going to bring added energy which this team desperately needs. Im not saying he is going to lead us into a championship but he will not be the reason we wont make it.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm saying he's gonna lead us to the championship.

Don't give up yall. There's still 41 more games to play in the season.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
I'm saying he's gonna lead us to the championship.

Don't give up yall. There's still 41 more games to play in the season.
you must be Speed's cousin.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I would like to welcome Hap to Basketballboards.net.

I am sure that you will enjoy yourself here and I look forward to reading your posts! :laugh:

So what happen? Did your odometer on your post count turn over or what? :D

Please, everyone welcome Hap to the board! :grinning:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts