Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MM's thread didn't seem to be working.

Olive reports Miles sent home as a disciplinary action. Good. I hope it is for the rest of the season. It is too late to revive his trade value anyway.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
I am really working up a good hate for Darius Miles. Why does Portland keep getting stuck with these kinds of players?

My God, if I was making 8 million a year or whatever it is Miles makes, I'd be the team water boy if they asked me to. And I'd consider it an honor to sit on the bench and wear the uniform, even if McMillan didn't put me in the game.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS PIECE OF CRAP TO BE GONE!!!!

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
hasoos said:
I believe the new CBA includes the ability for a team to cut a player for disciplinary reasons. :biggrin:
I believe that if you refuse to play/report to a team, your contract can be voided.

Which is basically why the team was trying to trade for Paul Pierce, because he'd be eating a LOT of money.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
If he's well enough to play, he should be ready to play. Changing out of his uniform made sure that he wasn't ready to play.

I don't hate the guy, and I won't hold this against him long-term, but the team needs to make sure that all of the players understand the rules and follow them... or pay the consequences for refusing to do so.

Ed O.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Maybe he wants to follow the Tim Thomas route to Phoenix?

Seriously, I bet Miles would be killer in PHX. But, of course, only if he could be bothered.

Miles is so frustrating: he has the body and the skillset to be another Kirilenko. He just doesn't seem to like basketball. But you can't really hate the guy: nobody forced Paul Allen to make him a multi-millionaire. And it's not like he's ever led anybody astray by acting super-enthusiastic.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Everyone is correct that we should not hate Miles for his actions. Rather, we should not have any respect for him; condemn him for his lack of ethics and professionalism; damn him for his total consumption of self interest and ego; but no we should not hate him. But damn if we should excuse him, coddle his attitude, or pretend that he may change. He is who he is and that is not acceptable for a Portland Trailblazer.

Peace

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
ColoradoBlazerFan said:
Everyone is correct that we should not hate Miles for his actions. Rather, we should not have any respect for him; condemn him for his lack of ethics and professionalism; damn him for his total consumption of self interest and ego; but no we should not hate him. But damn if we should excuse him, coddle his attitude, or pretend that he may change. He is who he is and that is not acceptable for a Portland Trailblazer.

Peace
in a nutshell.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
ColoradoBlazerFan said:
He is who he is and that is not acceptable for a Portland Trailblazer.
I find this action unacceptable, but I don't find him as a player unacceptable. This is his sixth year in the NBA, and while it's true that he might never change his spots (in spite of being only 24) it's also true that these sorts of episodes aren't that common for him.

He's stepped over the line here, but I believe that this is more an aberration than just Darius being Darius.

Ed O.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Everyone is correct that we should not hate Miles for his actions.
I think we should all hold hands and sing Kum-bay-yah. Then we could have a group hug and talk about how we love President Bush despite his actions. 'Cus it's all about the love, man!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Enough is enough...I hope this guy never put's on a Blazer uniform again. Deactivate him and let him ride the pine for the remainder of the season. Trade him for whatever you can get this summer, players, picks, gatorade coolers, mascots, dancers, ball-boys...anything!!

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Talkhard said:
I think we should all hold hands and sing Kum-bay-yah. Then we could have a group hug and talk about how we love President Bush despite his actions. 'Cus it's all about the love, man!
No way i hate hippies.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
He doesn't want to be here, and this all but insures he will be dealt in the offseason...unless Allen truly is off his rocker and allegedly vetoes another deal..

He has value still...he is only 24, his contract, while overpaying him, is not obscene, and when he wants to...he can be a very effective player..

Another team will take a chance on him....I wouldn't expect a lot fro him if I were POR, but they will be able to deal him...

and contrary to Canzano's ridiculous suggestion in today's paper...POR will not just cut him...

If I were mgmt...I would look towards NY again...a Theo & Miles for Jalen Rose would be ideal...but I would even consider a Miles for Mo Taylor.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
hasoos said:
How about Miles vs Canzano sportfight!!! Then I would actually enjoy those 2.
canzano would hide behind his amazonian girlfriend, and miles would just be too laid back to fight.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Talkhard said:
I am really working up a good hate for Darius Miles. Why does Portland keep getting stuck with these kinds of players?

My God, if I was making 8 million a year or whatever it is Miles makes, I'd be the team water boy if they asked me to. And I'd consider it an honor to sit on the bench and wear the uniform, even if McMillan didn't put me in the game.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS PIECE OF CRAP TO BE GONE!!!!
the answer is simple really MR ALLEN thats why

ANTG ANTG ANTG ANTG ANTG

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
sa1177 said:
Enough is enough...I hope this guy never put's on a Blazer uniform again. Deactivate him and let him ride the pine for the remainder of the season. Trade him for whatever you can get this summer, players, picks, gatorade coolers, mascots, dancers, ball-boys...anything!!
This has been the Blazers strategy for the last few years. How's it working out?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.