Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that it's been awhile..

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick, before you answer that, check out this little kibble...

Jeff McInnis has reverted to a tactic from his Los Angeles Clipper days and is sending a message without speaking it. Demoted from the starting lineup and knowing he won't be back with the Cavaliers next season, McInnis has taken to wearing his practice jersey backward the past week -- the point being that he's focusing on himself first. When asked, McInnis didn't comment, only saying ``draw your own conclusions.''....

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
ABM said:
Quick, before you answer that, check out this little kibble...

are you trying to suggest that maybe Jeff McInnis was traded from Portland because he was an *******, and even tho he was a "better PG" than Damon, it was a *good* thing?

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hap said:
are you trying to suggest that maybe Jeff McInnis was traded from Portland because he was an *******, and even tho he was a "better PG" than Damon, it was a *good* thing?
as sure as that dude in your moniker's refusal to vacate Spirit Lake.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
ABM said:
as sure as that dude in your moniker's refusal to vacate Spirit Lake.

well, he was quoted as saying the following:

Harry Truman, May 1980, on the prospects of leaving Mt St Helens.

"It'd id be awfully hard. It'd take an act of God, three acts of congress to move me out of there. And congress moves awful slow you know."

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hap said:
well, he was quoted as saying the following.....
"Like Michael Jackson, I stand by my convictions - real or perceived...."

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Just the players, no picks.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
gambitnut said:
Just the players, no picks.
There's really no contest: Blazers.

Jeff McInnis: average point guard with little chance of becoming much better than that. McInnis has a decent offensive game (nice floater in the lane), is a good ballhandler, is inconsistent on defense in spite of his good size, and unreliable as a shooter from the outside. McInnis' biggest problem is his attitude.

Darius Miles: average small forward with the potential and years ahead of him to be among the best swingment in the NBA. Miles has a versatile offensive game, is a good ballhandler for his size, plays outstanding defense when he wants to, and has extended his shooting range in recent years. Like McInnis, Miles' biggest problem is his attitude - but considering his superior talent, I'd take him every time.

Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje: is he still in the league?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Portland did better. The reason that I think they did better is because Miles still has the chance to improve.

The Blazers would have won more games if they hadn't made the deal (between then and now), and the Cavs would have won fewer. But since McInnis is going to be gone and Miles still has upside, I think Portland's ahead.

Of course, if Miles stays the same player he's been for the last several years at the deal Nash signed him to, I think that it goes back to a wash or maybe even a negative deal for Portland (although the trade might still be good, and the new contract would just be a bigger mistake).

Ed O.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts