Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to foxsports.com the trade is official. Miles and Harold Jamison for MIller and Stith.

What does this mean for both teams?

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
wow...

Darius Miles
Dejuan Wagner
Rickey Davis

talk about explosive... especially if Diop starts playing well... wow

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
im actually a little jealous now.. I really wanted the Bulls to draft Miles in the draft a few years ago.. damn the clippers

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Well, this should put to rest everyone who thought they were going to get Odom and two picks for Miller.

If that is all Miller can fetch, who is one of the top young points in this league, then it should put it into perspective about what Jamal or Marcus can fetch in a deal.

What scares me is that the Clippers still have 3 PFs who are all full of potential. It is good to be a Clipper these days. Now, onto my hidden agenda... Let's bring Q home to Chicago!

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by Songcycle
We have Jay WIlliams and Jamal Crawford, we will be fine at point guard. I thinkCleveland should have gotten more.
I'm assuming you are responding to me... if not, sorry.

Q is a SG and exactly the kind of player that could mold well in the backcourt with Jamal or Jason.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Have not heard that it was official

Originally posted by Songcycle
We have Jay WIlliams and Jamal Crawford, we will be fine at point guard. I thinkCleveland should have gotten more.
I listen to espn news all day long and nothing has come out about it....IF that is the case, you are soooooo right songcycle. IF cleveland wanted to get ripped off, we could have done THAT for em!!! LOL:laugh:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
im actually a little jealous now.. I really wanted the Bulls to draft Miles in the draft a few years ago.. damn the clippers
Agreed. They actually keep their picks (Wilcox is a beast, Ely can give some depth at center incase Olowokandi doesn't sign), have Brand and Odom, signed Marko Jaric, already have Maggette and Q... and to top it off get one of better pure PGs in the game. Ouch.

Jerry K's nightmare comes true... Miles is officially in the East. He is going to tear it up, and this Bulls fan is sad to see it. He should have been a Chicago Bull two years ago. Man!

VD

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
you may thing Cavs are gtting ripped off now, but this is just like a Jermaine O'neal situation...

Andre Miller-proven

for

Darius Miles-young as hell, loads of potential, didnt start

Dale Davis-proven

for
Jermaine O'neal-young, a lot of potential, rarley played

you watch Miles be the next Jermaine O'neal give him 1-2 years and we're gonna be wishing we traded the #2 pick for him when we had the chance...

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
I would say Andre Miller is quite a bit more valuable to give up than was Dale Davis. Plus Davis was, what, 30-something at the time of that trade whereas Miller is not even in his prime yet.

A better analogy, IMO, would be the Brand/Chandler trade.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well I think Cleveland is slowly turning into one of the most exciting teams in the East (along with the Bulls). In a few years, our matchups might be something to watch: Jay vs Dejuan, Darius vs. Tyson, Eddie vs. Desagana... Very nice matchups all around.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So far, foxsports is still the only site reporting this news. Maybe they (and I) jumped the gun.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Darius is a SUPER ATHELETE and will be a very exciting player for Cleveland. BUT, he doesn't know how to play basketball, and doesn't seem interested in learning.

He's happy losing the game if he get's to embarass a couple of people with monster Dunks. He's got no half court offense to speak of and after 2 years doesn't seem to be developing any.

Lastly he's got a bad attitude and is not very bright. So I don't expect him to get much better.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
:confused: This absolutely blows in terms of ON COURT performance for Cleveland. They must really be desperate to save $ and get "a fan favorite" player like Miles to put fannies in the seats. Person gone. Miller gone. Wagner at point with apparently no vet backup of note :confused: :laugh: . "Home James"(Lebron)
takes on a new meaning.

I was skeptical about Miller being dealt to a team in the East/Central like the Bull but was all for it if Cleveland was.
I'm EXTREMELY :upset: if this is true because I think the Bull could have offered "Jay"(who would've brought fans to the stands) and more to the Cavaliers.

I'm depressed. :sigh:

If this is true then don't be surprised if I start a launch "Jay" thread soon.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts