Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Andre Miller is too short, too slow and can’t jump. That’s what everyone used to say, at least. Former Phoenix Suns guard Toby Bailey recalls how critics ripped Miller when they played against each other in high school in Los Angeles. Now, 17 years later, all Bailey can do is laugh.

“When he was in high school you would always say, ‘ ‘Dre is good, but he is not fast enough, not athletic enough and doesn’t jump high enough to do it at the college level,” Bailey said recently after watching Miller dominate NBA, overseas and college players in summer pickup games at UCLA. “Than he did it at Utah in college. Then you say he won’t be able to do it on the professional level, but he does the same thing in the NBA.”

Miller, now 35, will begin his 13th NBA season when and if the current lockout ends. He’s returning to the Denver Nuggets, the second time he’s played for them and the sixth time he’s changed teams. But regardless of whether Miller’s worn the uniform of the Nuggets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers or Portland Trail Blazers, he’s proven to be a consistent and sturdy point guard, averaging 14.4 points, 7.2 assists, 4.1 rebounds and 2.6 turnovers per game. And never has he failed to play in fewer than 80 games in a season.

Miller has always been disappointed he hasn’t been selected as an All-Star. About the only time you’ll see him on a highlight reel is throwing an alley-oop pass. But as other point guards have come and gone over the past decade, Miller has continued to prosper even though he’s received far less recognition than Steve Nash, Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups. Miller describes his NBA career “as solid,” but feels he’ll never truly win the public’s respect.

“I doubt it, but I don’t even care,” Miller said. “I care what my peers think about me. …I feel like every team I’ve played on I’ve helped to make better.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgDJjEeDRVofLssGynOzpCK8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_andre_miller_nuggets_090811

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's true Andre Miller is one of my favorite players, I love him and his game and he's way too underrated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts