Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt see anyone mentioning last night game when Milwaukee beated the Pacers.

Are they on the same level as the Pacers?
I think they with the way they have been playing so far.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
they could be on the same level as the pacers on some nights, but overall no

Indiana's bench is great, their starting lineup is balanced inside-out/offense-defense. The Pacers have proven so many times now that they can play through adversity, while the Bucks are one injury away from falling again

·
Registered
471 Posts
Indiana beat themselves last night. They were missing free throws like crazy in the end. The Bucks are not on the same level. Pacers beat the Heat twice for the record.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
The Pacers and Pistons are the class of the east, so if Milwaukee is on the same level, they are contenders. I don't think they're there yet, but they are a really good team yet. I could see them taking one of those two teams to 6 or 7 games in a series. They are very young too.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and we didnt even have a real small forward so....

I say if they continue to play this way they might be one of those elite team.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
The Bucks aren't all the way there yet, but they can compete with the Pacers or Pistons. If they met in the playoffs, they'd probably win 2-3 games. They'll only get better though as Bogut improves more and more. It's just when watching TJ Ford, I feel like I'm watching a guy who could be gone tomorrow. You try and savor it while it lasts, because he's a brilliant little point guard.

The Pacers are the most talented team in the league not from San Antonio though.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
The bucks are on a hot offensive streak right now. More power to them. Once the Pacers get their defense back to where it should be, this conversation will look foolish. The bucks will certainly make the playoffs, but they are not an elite team.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
yes with Shaq out
Shaq played most of the first game. Scot Pollard and Jeff Foster, who would normally guard Shaq, were out in the first game.

In the 2nd game, Jamaal Tinsley only played in the first quarter, Scot Pollard played little, and Jeff Foster didn't play.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I agree with StephenJackson. Milwualkee is a playoff team, but I don't see them getting past the 1st round. On the other hand, I feel Indiana is a top 3 team in the NBA and will contend for the title.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
GoDWade said:
they could be on the same level as the pacers on some nights, but overall no

Indiana's bench is great, their starting lineup is balanced inside-out/offense-defense. The Pacers have proven so many times now that they can play through adversity, while the Bucks are one injury away from falling again
^^ agreed

·
Banned
189 Posts
#1. Shaq played nearly the entire game whent he Pacers spanked the Heat in Miami. And the Heat actually played more inspired when Shaq was out, as they were being dominated with him in and actually made it a close game after he left.

#2. Indiana, unfortunately, beat themselves vs Milwaukee. The 4th best free throw shooting team in the league has no business missing 75% of their FT's in the fourth quarter. It was just a mental thing, once a few missed, it just messed with everyone on the team. Indiana was up by 20 in the 3rd quarter, and if they would've kept their focus would have won by 30+.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
i see the bucks as either the 4th or 5th seed in the east, i dont see them being better than indiana or detroit, i think they can give heat lots of fits but i dont see them getting past the second round

1 - 16 of 16 Posts