Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2 games in a row, the grizz havent been able to get past the 80 point mark. The most glaring thing in these 2 losses has been the lack of productivity from our big men. I still believe that we can make the playoffs, but these were 2 games against 2 teams that are fighting for that 7th - 8th spot in the Western conference along with us, and there is no excuse for losing these games.

Over the last few games I have noticed that Lorenzen has been trying too many jump shots instead of taking it inside. Portland's Randolph was in foul trouble and we couldnt take any advantage of it. Utah definitely doesnt have any great big men that we couldnt have exploited them.

I dont know what the truth is behind Golden State shopping Erick Dampier around, but if they are, then I think this is the time to jump in and grab him if we can. He has a player option next year and I dont think Golden State wants to give him max money, thats why they are trying to get whatever they can for him.

I think we can give up Ren for Dampier. The fact is that Ren is a power forward who plays center. He plays hard, but he is not our answer in the powerful western conference.

A trade of Ren, Outlaw, Humphrey & Theron Smith for Dampier, Eshmeyer and Popeye Jones works. I know the grizz pick up the bad contracts of Eshmeyer & Jones, but I guess nothing comes easily.

Its easier said than done, but I think Golden State may want one of our wing guys, that is Mike, Posey, Bonzi or Shane in this trade and I dont thing we would give up any of these guys.

Well....just food for thought....
Any ideas or solutions anybody?

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think most of our boys are just slumping, we'll recover. :).

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
I would love to trade Ren and Battier for Dampier and bad contracts. AA rotation of Dampier, Gasol, and Swift would be ideal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts