Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winners, in other words, get the benefit of the doubt - and most of the free throws, too.
"That's the way life is," Sloan said. "Miss America gets all the good dates."
A foul called on Raja Bell with 2.3 seconds remaining in Saturday's 96-95 loss to Washington was only the latest example, the Jazz believe. Bell, trying to keep Gilbert Arenas away from the basket as he drove the lane, swatted the ball out of his hands. Referee Joe Forte put Arenas on the line for the game-winning free throws.
"I can't question the ref, he must have made the right call," Bell said after fouling out on the play. "I thought I made a good play."
It's the sort of play that a rising star like Arenas is apt to draw. And it's a play that the Jazz feel their 20-46 record plays a role in too, at least subliminally in the minds of referees.
"We're not going to get too many calls, the way we are this year," said Sloan, who grumbled about the foul on Bell. "With our record, we just have to deal with that. I think a lot of people think we've already committed ourselves to the lottery, and they're going to let us go there."
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_2617192

1 - 1 of 1 Posts