Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed a thread to put stuff that's not A10 basketball.

Like..ODU beating #13 Virginia Tech.

:yesyesyes:

(note: thread may not survive moderators)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
An excellent win by ODU, wtf happen the prior week?
Do acknowledge part of it was the time change and difference between playing at home and on the road.

Of course we are not CAA 2.0 yet. Tongue and cheek comment, helping out the rest of the league with the Norfolk comment and of course VT was a member of the A10, so we all know who they are.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
An excellent win by ODU, wtf happen the prior week?
Do acknowledge part of it was the time change and difference between playing at home and on the road.

Of course we are not CAA 2.0 yet. Tongue and cheek comment, helping out the rest of the league with the Norfolk comment and of course VT was a member of the A10, so we all know who they are.
The “Norfolk comment” wasn’t a negative.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I give VT and Coach Fuente credit for scheduling the game in Norfolk. Last year they played a game in the metro DC area. I heard him on the radio said they've done this for the benefit of alums so they can avoid the trek to Blacksburg, and players can play before family and friends.Left unsaid, but no doubt true, is that these games are a recruiting tool as well. The Norfolk Hampton Roads area and metro DC are recruiting hotbeds. Of course it helps to win the game too.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Good for ODU, or as I still like to call it, the Norfolk Division of the College of William and Mary, its former and more sonorous name.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Neither do I. Obviously St Bonaventure fans knew Norfolk meant ODU. Just didn't think members, who were not in the CAA or mid-Atlantic would know it was ODU.

Who would think Norfolk would be a negative comment, which contains a large Navy Station.
This whole thread confuses me. Where in hell is there any reference to Norfolk that could be construed as negative, and how in hell does it have anything to do with Bonaventure fans?

1 - 20 of 261 Posts