Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

181 - 200 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
After an “exhaustive” three year investigation Kansas will lose a scholarship (meaning they will get one less 4 star recruit to sit on the bench) and will lose 2 in home visits. CSU will get two additional years because the NCAA means business

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I lost a lot of respect for Self a few years back after KU went down to TCU and got embarrassed by arguably the worst Big12 team at the time, then in the press conference could say nothing good about TCU and just ragged on his team and how it was the worst loss in KU history except maybe to the Lawrence YMCA in 1900 or some joke to that effect. It was really sour.

He's had some player eligibility issues recently, then they got dragged into the whole FBI investigation, at some point you just have to believe the guy is as crooked as they come.

It's like drugs in the Olympics. You want to believe the great ones are clean, but history has proven time and again they're just the best bunch of cheaters.

·
Piker
8,545 Posts
I lost a lot of respect for Self a few years back after KU went down to TCU and got embarrassed by arguably the worst Big12 team at the time, then in the press conference could say nothing good about TCU and just ragged on his team and how it was the worst loss in KU history except maybe to the Lawrence YMCA in 1900 or some joke to that effect. It was really sour.

He's had some player eligibility issues recently, then they got dragged into the whole FBI investigation, at some point you just have to believe the guy is as crooked as they come.

It's like drugs in the Olympics. You want to believe the great ones are clean, but history has proven time and again they're just the best bunch of cheaters.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Self and Kansas somehow forgot to shake hands with the Bison after the game with Bucknell in 2005. I'm sure it was an innocent mistake.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Self and Kansas somehow forgot to shake hands with the Bison after the game with Bucknell in 2005. I'm sure it was an innocent mistake.
I just went to YouTube to find it, yeah half the team just left during Bucknell's celebration on the court. There was a good 5 or so players and assistants that shook hands. As the HC you gotta stay out there, understand that's a big moment for the other program, take your medicine, and lose graciously. F that guy.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
University of No Classes escaped punishment because their sham classes were available to other students. I expect KU and the other schools under the microscope will adopt a similar approach and say money was available to other students if they asked for it.

181 - 200 of 261 Posts