Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

241 - 260 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
It has me thinking......The A10 is Arenas and Centers except for Rose Hill.
UD Arena
Hagan Arena
Chaifetz Arena
John M. Belk Arena
Tom Gola Arena

AJ Palumbo Center
Mullins Center
Patriot Center
Reilly Center
Ryan Center
Stuart C Siegel Center
Robins Center
Smith Center

Rose Hill Gymnasium
Iona refurbished its home court this year. Was at an exhibition game there Saturday. The place looks great - state of the art everywhere. It is still tiny, however, seating 2,500. Can't call it a "gym" anymore, imo. Can't call it an arena since it is so small. I'm going with venue. City of New Rochelle won't let Iona raise the height of the structure. In order to make it bigger, they'd have to dig down at huge cost and build half of the structure underground.

https://icgaels.com/sports/2019/8/8/arrigoni-challenge.aspx

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Iona refurbished its home court this year. Was at an exhibition game there Saturday. The place looks great - state of the art everywhere. It is still tiny, however, seating 2,500. Can't call it a "gym" anymore, imo. Can't call it an arena since it is so small. I'm going with venue. City of New Rochelle won't let Iona raise the height of the structure. In order to make it bigger, they'd have to dig down at huge cost and build half of the structure underground.

https://icgaels.com/sports/2019/8/8/arrigoni-challenge.aspx
That's a gym.

They did a great job of improve it to the point that it looks like the Rose Hill Gym.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
If ALL the seats retract, it's a gym.

I'm not looking down on gyms, I'm simply saying that's the line of demarcation. You can call something whatever you want, but there are certain constructions elements that define what it is.

For example, UC Santa Barbara and Cal State Northridge play basketball in rectangular buildings that they call "_____ Dome." The Thunderdome is not a dome. The Matadome is not a dome. Because they don't actually have a domed ceiling.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Is there a button to push somewhere on this new look board that takes you (a particular user) to the last post you read in the thread?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Is there a button to push somewhere on this new look board that takes you (a particular user) to the last post you read in the thread?
I actually just asked this in another thread. Apparently it's as simple as just clicking the thread title as opposed to it being a separate link like before.

241 - 260 of 261 Posts