Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

281 - 300 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
We were helped with Francis "moving up."
As for that Obi fellow, I suspect he may be moving a little further up next year.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
We were helped with Francis "moving up."
As for that Obi fellow, I suspect he may be moving a little further up next year.
Next year, yes, NBA. But after the year he had last year, with the proposed rule he could have transferred to Duke, Kentucky, etc. to really showcase himself...or at least that is how it would be sold to him. I am not saying Obi Toppin would have done that, just saying that I can see some (many?) players doing that.

A10 Rookie of the Year, well let's see what I can do in the ACC.
A10 Player of the Year as a junior, I'm off to [fill in the blank].

·
Piker
8,945 Posts
Hey, you already raided AmEast for Vann, and C-USA for Evans.
Well, he and his predecessor had to with the loss of incoming classes and transfers. Oh and speaking on the subject, Grant did the right thing holding spots even though he took some flack. Sometimes waiting is the hardest part but as they say, patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Two, they move down to the proper level and nobody notices.
That's totally true. People think the difference between BCS and non-BCS is "Night and Day" and the worst guy off a BCS team is going to be a mid-major Player of the Year. But that's not true.

Sure, the 7th guy at a good BCS program who leaves for the MVC is going to be a good MVC player. But when he's getting votes for third-team All-Conference, there's no headlines about his "Successful transfer."

"Man Does His Job" doesn't get a lot of headlines in the paper.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Well, he and his predecessor had to with the loss of incoming classes and transfers. Oh and speaking on the subject, Grant did the right thing holding spots even though he took some flack. Sometimes waiting is the hardest part but as they say, patience is a virtue.
Vann, Evan, and Lane didn't quite work out the way I hoped.
I was thinking, now if only they will perform like the average player at their old school would perform.

·
Piker
8,945 Posts
Yesterday I saw a funny tweet from Joe Burrow due to combine reports of his tiny hands so decided to Google NFL's largest hand measurement. It was so random but Mo Alie-Cox holds the NFL record with two other players for the largest hands measured at the combine. Mo's hand is 11.75 from pinky to thumb.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Yesterday I saw a funny tweet from Joe Burrow due to combine reports of his tiny hands so decided to Google NFL's largest hand measurement. It was so random but Mo Alie-Cox holds the NFL record with two other players for the largest hands measured at the combine. Mo's hand is 11.75 from pinky to thumb.
That is huge. I still remember from 1999(?) an article about David Hensel. It showed his hand surpassing all four sides of a letter size piece of paper (8.5 x 11). pinky to thumb over 11, wrist to middle finger over 8.5.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Does anyone remember the definition of Home vs Neutral for RPI? and whether it has carried over to NET?

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Does anyone remember the definition of Home vs Neutral for RPI? and whether it has carried over to NET?
Generally... home is if you play 3+ (non-conference tournament) games there in a season, or if you play less than 3 but it's on your damned campus (like Nova, St. John's or Georgetown).

Why do you ask?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Generally... home is if you play 3+ (non-conference tournament) games there in a season, or if you play less than 3 but it's on your damned campus (like Nova, St. John's or Georgetown).

Why do you ask?
Everyone is counting Davidson vs Wake Forest at the Charlotte Spectrum as a Davidson home game...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Off the court news. University of Dayton's AD, Neil Sullivan was named Athletic Director of the Year by Under Armour. Also, Doug Hauschild, UD's SID, was elected to the Sports Information Director's Hall of Fame. While the recognition is nice for the individuals and UD, its also positive publicity for the A-10 which never hurts especillay in this P5 environment.

281 - 300 of 424 Posts