Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

301 - 320 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Bring them all down. PLEASE, NCAA members: keep this greasy shit in mind when you vote on this new transfer legislation. If you think the dishonesty and corner cutting is bad now, then imagine what assuredly constant in-season tampering would look like. Opening up de facto free agency would gut the soul from college athletics.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Bring them all down. PLEASE, NCAA members: keep this greasy shit in mind when you vote on this new transfer legislation. If you think the dishonesty and corner cutting is bad now, then imagine what assuredly constant in-season tampering would look like. Opening up de facto free agency would gut the soul from college athletics.
I agree 100% Bill

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Being home 24/7 these days has me watching lots of shows when I am not creating COVID-19 PSAs. The other day I watched a Netflix show called How to Fix a Drug Scandal. Crazy stuff and one of the Western Mass drug analyzation chemists worked out of a building on the UMass campus.

PS-I think she attended Woodstock Academy when she took a prep year.

PS PS-I actually think she went to school in Worcester which for some odd reason there is no need to have an R or C or E in the name.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
PS PS-I actually think she went to school in Worcester which for some odd reason there is no need to have an R or C or E in the name.
It's pronounced the same way as the beginning of "Worcestershire Sauce" (because they're both named after the same place in England) - so if you haven't been pronouncing it that way, you've been wrong your whole life.

Haven't watched that on Netflix yet, but...
Erin Lee Carr's four-part Netflix docuseries reveals that the Amherst, Massachusetts drug analyst Sonja Farak tampered with evidence at Morrill Science Center from 2004 to 2013, mainly to support her drug addiction.
I almost certainly saw her in passing. There are 4 buildings that are all attached to each other in the Morrill Science Center, and that's where the majority of my classes were for my major. And the beginning of her time here overlaps with my time studying there.

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
It's pronounced the same way as the beginning of "Worcestershire Sauce" (because they're both named after the same place in England) - so if you haven't been pronouncing it that way, you've been wrong your whole life.
Oh no. I have been calling it Wor-ch-ester-shire Sauce. I am over 50 so I cannot change now.

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
It’s pronounced Woo-stir, no?
Bullshit! It is worCHESTER. I am refined these days and I do not use sauce for my steaks and due to ribbing I take my bourbon neat. I guess I do change with some things.

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Freaking Massholes with their stuhs and wickeds.

PS-I married a Masshole that went to UR. I need to reevaluate my life but it is probably too late at this point.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Wuss-ter (tah if you want to fail at putting on a Boston accent). So not a "woo" sound.

Also, don't blame us Massholes for that. It's England's fault. Feel free to blame us for other things as appropriate though.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Being home 24/7 these days has me watching lots of shows when I am not creating COVID-19 PSAs. The other day I watched a Netflix show called How to Fix a Drug Scandal. Crazy stuff and one of the Western Mass drug analyzation chemists worked out of a building on the UMass campus.

PS-I think she attended Woodstock Academy when she took a prep year.

I disagree. You need to leave in the R to be correct...

Worst-er

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
100% wrong

Wuss-ter

(technically it's listed as "wu-stir")
It is not wrong because I wasn't trying the pronunciation. I was trying a description.
Opposite of Best, Worst
Below that Worst-er (Here we are...)
But not quite Worst-er-est

301 - 320 of 529 Posts