Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

321 - 340 of 521 Posts

·
Piker
8,971 Posts
Anyone else working from home? I can remotely access my video editor at work. It is pretty cool and I have been pumping out some good work. I have to figure out how to carry my home workflow back to the office. First day back I am going to roll up in there in my PJs and slippers carrying a bottle of bourbon.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Anyone else working from home? I can remotely access my video editor at work. It is pretty cool and I have been pumping out some good work. I have to figure out how to carry my home workflow back to the office. First day back I am going to roll up in there in my PJs and slippers carrying a bottle of bourbon.
I am working from home. My wife is a teacher so she is home, my mother lives less than a mile away and seems to be at my house a lot, and my mother in law has a bad back and is staying with us for awhile. My daughter was here during spring break but couldn’t get back to her house at college fast enough. She told me that those three are “exhausting”. I asked her to commit to coming home (she’s at the University of Cincinnati so not too far away) at least one weekend a month because they are exhausting and bourbon can only do so much, but she instead asked me to Venmo her money. I can’t get back to the office fast enough.

·
Piker
8,971 Posts
I am working from home. My wife is a teacher so she is home, my mother lives less than a mile away and seems to be at my house a lot, and my mother in law has a bad back and is staying with us for awhile. My daughter was here during spring break but couldn’t get back to her house at college fast enough. She told me that those three are “exhausting”. I asked her to commit to coming home (she’s at the University of Cincinnati so not too far away) at least one weekend a month because they are exhausting and bourbon can only do so much, but she instead asked me to Venmo her money. I can’t get back to the office fast enough.
Ha! The descriptor exhausting made me laugh. I only have one kid and he is my 13 year old son named Aiden (thus my username). He studies, shoots hoops in the driveway and plays XBox. My wife works from home but she is at CapOne where working from home is no big deal. We are pretty low key although my son probably thinks we're exhausting too.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Ha! The descriptor exhausting made me laugh. I only have one kid and he is my 13 year old son named Aiden (thus my username). He studies, shoots hoops in the driveway and plays XBox. My wife works from home but she is at CapOne where working from home is no big deal. We are pretty low key although my son probably thinks we're are exhausting too.
I have been working from home since I moved to MD from NYC in 2007 and normally would say I have this thing down pat, but the new co-workers are hampering my style. I have a 15 year old son, a 13 year old daughter and a wife whose age I won't mention. My wife is an ER doc at Hopkins, so she has a shift 2 to 3 times a week and otherwise does a ton of administrative work from home. Both kids do their school stuff without much need for intervention from us. My son's hoops game has gotten much better during all of this and I am worried he will beat me at horse by the time he goes back to school...whenever that might be.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have 4 and 1 here which makes things very exhausting. My wife and I both work from home and have to juggle phone calls and the kids meals and keeping them entertained. My daughter is the 4 yr old and she is a good egg. Can mostly entertain herself and only require a little guidance. My son is a monster. He may not survive this quarantine period. Either that or he will kill me.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
I am blessed not to have children or any form of ball and chain, but working from home is meh at best even without distractions. I miss pissing away time at the office. It was much easier there than at home, believe it or not.

The real nightmare is a friend of mine who is a 5th grade teacher working from home. His wife is also an ER doc, and he has three kids, too. Basically combine JonBoy and Ace and you end up with my friend.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I am blessed not to have children or any form of ball and chain, but working from home is meh at best even without distractions. I miss pissing away time at the office. It was much easier there than at home, believe it or not.

The real nightmare is a friend of mine who is a 5th grade teacher working from home. His wife is also an ER doc, and he has three kids, too. Basically combine JonBoy and Ace and you end up with my friend.
When you reach my age you’ll find that working from home has certain benefits such as taking afternoon naps.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The Dukes will be playing Maryland in one of those crappy round robin things put together for the benefit of a P5 team. Maryland gets two cupcakes, and one respectable opponent, all at home. Playing at Maryland is definitely an upgrade in the Dukes' schedule, but the other two rank so low that they offset the benefit. I guess you do what you have to do to get some P5 crumbs off of the table.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I took those 30 years ago at the office. What's the big deal?
I don’t have a throw or my dogs to nap with at my office. Plus at the office there are the millennials always asking me questions - mainly my advice on how to advance their careers and make more money

·
Piker
8,971 Posts
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Stop the clock! What's with the new Avatar, A.A.?
Thus always to tyrants!
I changed my profile pic on twitter because I like the VCU edit for the Virginia flag emblem so I also did it here. I will go back to my Residents eyeball soon because I like it too much. The eye has panache with his top hat, bow tie and all.

321 - 340 of 521 Posts