Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

341 - 360 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts

Not good if this passes, in my opinion.
This part, in particular, sounds horrible:
Athletes would be allowed to enter into agreements with individuals deemed to be school boosters, the person said.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts

Not good if this passes, in my opinion.
This part, in particular, sounds horrible:
Athletes would be allowed to enter into agreements with individuals deemed to be school boosters, the person said.
I’m beyond exasperated at this point. It’s as if the worst possible ideas in the entire world continue to be pushed as good ones. What in the FUCK are they thinking?!?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
I can see it now....

"Hi, this is Kyle Lofton of YOUR Bona Basketball Team. Join me for a cold one at 3rd Base before the game tonight. See you there!"

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Yeah, '84, JAF has been getting a bit chesty, kind of like a kid brother when his older brother goes off to college. Or, in this case, the Big East...

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Actually I am concerned about the proposed one time transfer rule combined with the NCAA allowing athletes to have endorsements.

I think that there are certain A10 programs that could benefit from these rules. Dayton is one of these programs, however, despite what you believe I am not naive enough to see this as a good thing for UD Basketball. Protecting the programs best players from poachers will be the new normal

I don’t give a shit about the Big East and wish that UD fans would drop the obsession.

·
Piker
8,945 Posts
These new rule proposals are roughly equivalent to Elliott Ness allowing Al Capone to establish prohibition oversight. It's ri-fucking-diculous and must be stopped at all costs.
I loved the Al Capone character in Boardwalk Empire. Oh, I went to Eastern State Pen in Philly and I saw his jail cell. He had the hook-up in that dark damp prison.

341 - 360 of 433 Posts