Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

521 - 540 of 547 Posts

·
Piker
8,995 Posts
JEB Stuart, nicknamed Beauty, came down today. JEB was fancy. His flamboyant battle dress consisted of a red-lined coat, a red flower on his lapel and a cocked hat with a long ostrich feather. He was a metro-sexual before it was a thing. He took a bullet at Yellow Tavern and died at the age of 31. He was scapegoated by many in the loss at Gettysburg. His raid was ill-advised and he was blamed for his lack of intel. I know all this because I remember interviewing one of his great grandchildren who was also named JEB. I kind of remember that he also had a banjo player who would travel beside him. JEB has now been warehoused. You can still visit his grave or hat though.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
As far as I know, you can still visit Stonewall's arm at Chancellorsville, too, but you've got to know where to look.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Looking more and more like fall sports are not happening and I expect the non conference basketball season to not happen either. Locally they have shifted the high school sports schedule. They will all have shorter seasons where winter sports will be played from January 4 to March 13. Fall sports will be played March 1 to May 8. Spring sports will be played April 5 to June 12. If the NCAA could pull something like this off, it would be great but logistically they probably cant do anything with the timing of the NCAAT so it will just have to be a shortened season.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts

Yeah, it's only UCONN. But it's still an FBS team canceling the whole season.
It should probably read "UConn cancels football season due to status non grata in AAC and impending doom of their FBS football aspirations." CV is just a convenient excuse.

521 - 540 of 547 Posts