Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

641 - 660 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
At this point, I’d be pretty surprised if Schmidt goes anywhere. As recently as last season, word around the program was that he would retire early before starting over with a new program at this stage of his life.
Right? He's not young. I don't think he's leading any program to a NC. What's the upside at Penn State for him? Answer: zero.
Geez. You guys make it sound as if Schmidt is old. He's a year younger than me. Now, I may be retiring in 70 days, but that doesn't mean he is ready to do so.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The same Jim Ferry who's had three winning seasons out of fifteen as a D1 head coach?
Oh, wait! It's THAT Jim Ferry? The same guy who laid a steaming pile of feces at my alma mater for six frustrating years? My goodness... I figured it must've been a different Jim Ferry. That guy sucked ass!

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
The same Jim Ferry who's had three winning seasons out of fifteen as a D1 head coach?
Oh, wait! It's THAT Jim Ferry? The same guy who laid a steaming pile of feces at my alma mater for six frustrating years? My goodness... I figured it must've been a different Jim Ferry. That guy sucked ass!
I'm happy with the choice of Jim Ferry to coach the Nittany Lions.

·
Piker
9,160 Posts
The Ivy league has canceled winter sports.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The Ivy league has canceled winter sports.
This also has a pretty big impact on College Hockey. They have some really good teams who tend to make some post season noise, for one, but also they don't have their own league there...they're about half the ECAC. So they could have just forced the rest of the ECAC to follow suit (if they weren't already planning on it).

641 - 660 of 665 Posts