Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

661 - 680 of 709 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Part of me thinks that a new plan is needed while another part of me thinks that you just roll with it and do the best you can. Fordham had their game with Iona canceled and now the one with Manhattan canceled as well.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Part of me thinks that a new plan is needed while another part of me thinks that you just roll with it and do the best you can. Fordham had their game with Iona canceled and now the one with Manhattan canceled as well.
I'm not sure there is any new plan that will work any better. Roll with it as it is and see what happens. I suspect that there's a > 50% chance it craters before there's a tournament champion, but I don't see any other alternative absent shutting the whole thing down.

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts

·
Registered
6,292 Posts
Can the a new development in the Richmond area with a 17,000 seat stadium woo the tourney from Brooklyn?

View attachment 20926
In years we can’t get Brooklyn, sure. Otherwise? No way, Jose. You don’t give up the exposure that comes with Brooklyn and Barclays.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
I shot that live press announcement today. I work for PR in the county. This place is going to be nice. Right off 95/295.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Oh and make sure to stay at least six feet from your TV while watching the Maui Invitational or Bill Walton will give you a contact buzz.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #675
In years we can’t get Brooklyn, sure. Otherwise? No way, Jose. You don’t give up the exposure that comes with Brooklyn and Barclays.
Just wait till you have Alien repping the hipsters in the Fan. You'll change your mind.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
If you really want to sell it, let the teams in the CAA from 1996-2012 (other than VCU) tell you how much they enjoyed a conference tournament in Richmond...

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
If you really want to sell it, let the teams in the CAA from 1996-2012 (other than VCU) tell you how much they enjoyed a conference tournament in Richmond...
I thought it was fine.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #678
Shaka grew some hair, and his team starting winning.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
Shaka grew some hair, and his team starting winning.

Like most of you I watch college basketball games every night of the week. Coach Smart has a very good team this year. Good for him. He has experienced guards and some very good freshmen. It also helps that he has three big men that can run like a deer. He has them bought in on the defensive side as well. I was happy for Matt Coleman who is a Tidewater guy. He was thinking VCU but then Shaka went to Austin. Oh well. On Shaka's hair....I say grow it if you can. Shave it off when you are old and the receding hairline cannot be saved.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Like most of you I watch college basketball games every night of the week. Coach Smart has a very good team this year. Good for him. He has experienced guards and some very good freshmen. It also helps that he has three big men that can run like a deer. He has them bought in on the defensive side as well. I was happy for Matt Coleman who is a Tidewater guy. He was thinking VCU but then Shaka went to Austin. Oh well. On Shaka's hair....I say grow it if you can. Shave it off when you are old and the receding hairline cannot be saved.
Shave it off? I’d rather go with the Larry Stooge look...

661 - 680 of 709 Posts