Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

681 - 700 of 709 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Duke cancelled it's remaining non-conference games "out of an abundance of caution due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to allow the Blue Devils' student-athletes time over the holidays to spend with their families."

I mean, Coach K is not wrong about the insanity of trying to play, but maybe say it BEFORE the largest home loss of his career at Duke?

Why not throw in that "also, I have a sore back again and will probably bounce if our conference record falls to 2-5 and pin the shitty season on our assistant coach's resume instead of mine; again."

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Shaka grew some hair, and his team starting winning.

Shaka With Hair looks like a totally different person. I think if I saw him in non-Texas stuff at a random airport, I would know he looked familiar, but probably guess "dude from Rage Against The Machine?" first before correctly IDing him as Shaka.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Duke cancelled it's remaining non-conference games "out of an abundance of caution due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to allow the Blue Devils' student-athletes time over the holidays to spend with their families."

I mean, Coach K is not wrong about the insanity of trying to play, but maybe say it BEFORE the largest home loss of his career at Duke?

Why not throw in that "also, I have a sore back again and will probably bounce if our conference record falls to 2-5 and pin the shitty season on our assistant coach's resume instead of mine; again."

"Do you think if Coach K hadn't lost his two nonconference games at home that he would still be saying that?" Oats said at a news conference Thursday, adding, "We 100 percent should be playing basketball."

Oats is right. They're doing the best they can. Nothing is "normal" so to speak for anyone right now anyway. For a lot of these kids - topic for another discussion - this is the main reason they're at school. At least give them the competitive outlet. I don't know how it can be any "safer" than it is. Life is all about mitigated risk and for these kids the rewards of having some normalcy in their life outweighs the statistical risks of the virus.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The only defense of Coach K (believe me I would love to jump all over him) is he was vocal from the start about starting the season later. Now you could argue that he knew his team wasnt really good this year. What I totally disagree with is allowing the players to travel home to see their families. That is exactly what guidelines say not to do. These kids are safer staying on campus and playing nba2k.

Oh, and even though Oats is right, fuck him.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Does anybody else here use the dark theme on this forum and find that the difference between threads with new posts in them (bold) and threads with nothing new (not bold) is hard to differentiate? To me the contrast between the bold and non-bold is just not pronounced enough.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Does anybody else here use the dark theme on this forum and find that the difference between threads with new posts in them (bold) and threads with nothing new (not bold) is hard to differentiate? To me the contrast between the bold and non-bold is just not pronounced enough.
I agree

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
The "Opening Round" and "First Four" are official NCAA Tournament games. If they say the ENTIRE NCAA Tourney is in Indy, then that includes the First Four.

Or they just plan on trimming it down below 68 teams and haven't told anyone yet...
... but since the entire reason they're going through with this (batshit crazy) attempt to play in a pandemic is because they owe their TV partners content so the TV network pays them the billion dollars in the contract; so they ain't trimming NCAA games. That's why all the other sports leagues made their playoffs BIGGER this season, to either make it up to, or squeeze more dollars from, their TV partners. The only way they have an NCAA Tournament with less than 68 teams is if there aren't 68 teams that played 13 total games this year and can field a team with non-sick players.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts
You would only be able to drive to the left.

Reactions: ace93

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Too bad the track is banked, otherwise perfect idea.
The straightaways are not banked.

The cheesy photoshop of six courts on the Indy track is very misleading. He shows six courts taking up 1000 meters. That's 3280 feet. You could put 56 feet between courts and fit TWENTY ONE COURTS down the front straightaway.

The real problem with the (JOKE) tweet is that the width of the track is only 50-feet wide on the straightaways, and that's the width of the court.

·
Piker
9,384 Posts

The cheesy photoshop of six courts on the Indy track is very misleading. He shows six courts taking up 1000 meters. That's 3280 feet. You could put 56 feet between courts and fit TWENTY ONE COURTS down the front straightaway.

The real problem with the (JOKE) tweet is that the width of the track is only 50-feet wide on the straightaways, and that's the width of the court.
I used to cover NASCAR and walked on many of the tracks. The straight aways are banked.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

Way to ruin a good joke!

681 - 700 of 709 Posts