Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

741 - 760 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
My issue is with missed games by some teams at the top of the league. Teams will have a weaker schedule with less games. I know it is nobody's fault but as an example...Davidson's three postponed games so far are @VCU, @SLU and home against St. Bonaventure. UR's postponed games so far are Davidson, at Bona, SLU and at UD. Of course, every team is dealing with this. VCU's pause caused the postponement of the DC game and it has been scheduled for make up. We are now in February so many of these games will not be made up. The league standings are not going to be settled on the court but by what games were played and what games were not played. It is what it is but some teams are definitely going to benefit from missing some tough conference games.
Actually - Duquesne, SBU, SLU, GMU, Dayton. I think. Was Davidson = Duquesne?

·
Piker
9,716 Posts
Actually - Duquesne, SBU, SLU, GMU, Dayton. I think. Was Davidson = Duquesne?
Sorry, it all runs together at this point. Not trying to single out teams but just trying to figure this out. I think I just need to look at it all as entertainment this year.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
So UR went on pause and VCU stepped up to go to Bona. UR missed the SLU game due to protocol issues and now they will miss this game at UD Arena. What is the A10 going to do with the out of balance schedule? They have not stated anything about make up games or the tournament.
If it helps to even things out, I vote we throw out the game @bona.

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
The A10 needed a plan to start the year and it doesn't look like they had one.

Bernie was really ahead of the curve at the beginning of the 2010's, but I feel like her leadership has waned a bit since then.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
The A10 needed a plan to start the year and it doesn't look like they had one.

Bernie was really ahead of the curve at the beginning of the 2010's, but I feel like her leadership has waned a bit since then.
I never understood not having weekly regional pods. Get two pretty secure games in (Thursday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday) at a time.

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
I never understood not having weekly regional pods. Get two pretty secure games in (Thursday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday) at a time.
I'm with you. Back to back home games against the same opponent always made the most sense to me. Would have limited intra-weekly travel and spread the annoyances out. And it would limit potential covid spread between teams, however remote that is to begin with.

Trying to do a "normal" schedule this year was always an oncoming disaster. Now look at us.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Sorry, it all runs together at this point. Not trying to single out teams but just trying to figure this out. I think I just need to look at it all as entertainment this year.
As opposed to all other years? If this is more than just entertainment to anyone on this board, you have problems.

p.s., I have problems.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I'm with you. Back to back home games against the same opponent always made the most sense to me. Would have limited intra-weekly travel and spread the annoyances out. And it would limit potential covid spread between teams, however remote that is to begin with.

Trying to do a "normal" schedule this year was always an oncoming disaster. Now look at us.
I don’t even need back-to-backs against the same opponent. You could have even done Wednesday-Friday-Sunday early on when schools were still on break. Four teams in one location. Play each team once while isolating in the same local hotel.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts

George Mason you're next. Them red neck Trumper boys liken theirselves to Patriots. Time fer a switch. Are those really yer values?

side note.. had to edit, you can't type "red neck" as one word without the *** override by the censors.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Saladin’s ghost wonders what took so long. You’re next, Holy Cross! That will solve everything.
The Cross hasn't changed its nickname, yet. But it did drop the Crusader knight mascot and logo several years ago. And yes, it had everything to do with the ghost of Al-Nasir Salah al-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #759
The Grey Wolves in Europe are being banned as they reference a German unit from WWII.

Can the Bonna Wolves be far behind?

741 - 760 of 786 Posts