Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

761 - 780 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Now that Dixie State has moved to D1, you have to figure they'll be exploring a branding change.

Also, for those of you who haven't heard of Dixie State... take a guess where they're located!

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
That would be more than one wolf fan!
Gotta admit I did like the Bona Fanatic though.
Good story on why they picked the wolf as the mascot:
As I’m sure you knew Paul, I know the story behind the wolf mascot. I’m sure you also knew that I was just picking on a Zavier/Richmand fan‘s misspelling of Bona.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #770
Hah! You can understand my confusion.
You've got Bona, Bona Fanatic, and then the Bonnies.
So, I'm just gonna assume it must be the Bonna Wolves!
I'm just glad you're not the Rams to add to the confusion.

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
Unfortunately he's just predicting what the committee is likely to do. Are we surprised if they'd select PSU? Of course not.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Stick a fork in penn st. Losing to Nebraska at home is disqualifying

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
PSU falls to 39 in the NET, but that's only a Q3 loss now because with the loss, Nebraska moves up 26 spots to 141.

At 7-10 (4-9) and 12/14 in their conference, if they are selected for the tournament we can just kiss good-bye college basketball ever resembling something with any fairness outside the cartel.

And how is their NET 50+ spots better than Michigan State?

·
Piker
9,716 Posts
PSU falls to 39 in the NET, but that's only a Q3 loss now because with the loss, Nebraska moves up 26 spots to 141.

At 7-10 (4-9) and 12/14 in their conference, if they are selected for the tournament we can just kiss good-bye college basketball ever resembling something with any fairness outside the cartel.

It is crazy that VCU's OT loss to PSU is close to being a Q1. I wonder if Coach Ferry will get the full time gig.

It is all so frustrating. I was watching Ohio State/Indiana and they were talking about Indiana being in the field. One reason lots of coaches leave to bigger programs is because they have a much better chance of getting to the postseason.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts

This is not a judgment regarding who should be in or out. But, a primary reason why Penn State's NET of 39 is so much better than Michigan State's 94 is likely their respective SOS's:

Penn St. overall SOS = 6. OOC SOS = 11
Michigan St. overall SOS = 127. OOC SOS = 281

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #778
Sounds like the JP Formulas are hard at work.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Unfortunately he's just predicting what the committee is likely to do. Are we surprised if they'd select PSU? Of course not.
I understand that, but the problem is you have an echo chamber of everyone on TV saying they expect Penn State to get in if they go .500 and it validates the stupidity of the committee because the committee knows it's an expectation, rather than a controversial stance.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

And keep in mind that this is without buying 7 guarantee games in OOC play. In a normal season, their SOS would be slightly worse from playing those buy games, but their win pct would be higher, and having a 14-10 record with that NET rating, they're fine and dandy to get in.

This pandemic really shows you what kind of joke everything in college basketball that is a joke truly is. Football is far worse, but basketball is pretty bad, too.

761 - 780 of 786 Posts