Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

781 - 786 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
It is crazy that VCU's OT loss to PSU is close to being a Q1. I wonder if Coach Ferry will get the full time gig.

It is all so frustrating. I was watching Ohio State/Indiana and they were talking about Indiana being in the field. One reason lots of coaches leave to bigger programs is because they have a much better chance of getting to the postseason.
I think it would be great if they give Ferry the fulltime gig. PSU would remain mediocre and a job would not open up.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #782
In this bizarro Covid year, for some reason the Southern Conference in FCS decided to have a football season that starts this Saturday. A couple teams played a game or two with the FBS guys in the fall, and then it was all shut down.
Now it's starting up for what I assume will be a full conference slate of games.
Have no idea if they'll be a championship type deal at the end with other conferences.

·
Piker
9,716 Posts
In this bizarro Covid year, for some reason the Southern Conference in FCS decided to have a football season that starts this Saturday. A couple teams played a game or two with the FBS guys in the fall, and then it was all shut down.
Now it's starting up for what I assume will be a full conference slate of games.
Have no idea if they'll be a championship type deal at the end with other conferences.
You must not follow UR football.

Reactions: res

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
The Patriot League is also planning on a spring season. Whether it happens or not...

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #785
When you get to a certain stage, multi-tasking becomes a challenge.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
When you get to a certain stage, multi-tasking becomes a challenge.

“Most of the FCS and lower divisions pushed off to the spring, hoping the pandemic conditions would be better. There were 17 FCS teams that played at least one fall game. Now, vaccines are rolling out and COVID-19 cases are dropping to their lowest level since mid-fall, though they’re still much higher than when the FBS season began last September.

As a result of COVID-19 concerns and/or worries about playing two seasons in one calendar year, not every FCS team is playing this spring. Some are playing just a few games, while others are playing a full allotted slate. Some opted out of conference games. Some played games in the fall and won’t in the spring, while some played in the fall and will play in the spring. A playoff postseason format is set, though that has tweaks this year too”

781 - 786 of 786 Posts