Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

881 - 900 of 944 Posts

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Why did the Bonnie basketball Twitter account get suspended?

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Where are you watching them? I'd love to be able to see some, especially since MLB doesn't make it easy to watch games.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Where are you watching them? I'd love to be able to see some, especially since MLB doesn't make it easy to watch games.
JMU had a live link and some are on ESPN3. VCU baseball usually provides game day links for viewing live. When they began A10 play their winning streak began and has continued. They are a fairly young team and they looked good early but took some tough losses. They have gotten it together and look really good these days.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Hyperbole much? Rothstein can blow it out his ass. P5's might use the mid majors as a minor league for a couple years but eventually kids will recognize that they'll recruit right over the top of you too. If you aren't already starting at a P5 you're just a commodity. And bottom line is kids want to play. You're going to see so many 3-school kids in 5 years who went from mid-major to P5 and back because they just want to play. Then the mid major coaches will point to this and tell kids, hey you've got a spot right here and now, you're a part of the next 2-3 years of success here. Why leave and blow that?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Hyperbole much? Rothstein can blow it out his ass. P5's might use the mid majors as a minor league for a couple years but eventually kids will recognize that they'll recruit right over the top of you too. If you aren't already starting at a P5 you're just a commodity. And bottom line is kids want to play. You're going to see so many 3-school kids in 5 years who went from mid-major to P5 and back because they just want to play. Then the mid major coaches will point to this and tell kids, hey you've got a spot right here and now, you're a part of the next 2-3 years of success here. Why leave and blow that?
Its already happening this year. Kids left MAAC schools and didnt play so now they are coming back down. I also think this is a bunch of shit. Nobody is going to turn down the 90k pay day just so the higher level team cant scout you live. They can scout you for 5.99 a month on ESPN+. I think the real thing going on is the HM's are shutting out the MM's.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I believe you’re correct. Rothstein is full of shit. The P5 don‘t need buy games to poach mid major players. I don’t see this as a problem for the A10 though. We’ll deal with it and move on.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Its already happening this year. Kids left MAAC schools and didnt play so now they are coming back down. I also think this is a bunch of shit. Nobody is going to turn down the 90k pay day just so the higher level team cant scout you live. They can scout you for 5.99 a month on ESPN+. I think the real thing going on is the HM's are shutting out the MM's.
I agree, I don't think there's much to this other maybe the non P5s trying to send a message. There are plenty of ways for high majors to scout players and unless there's an actual coordinated effort, would it just be a handful of schools saying no to the buy games?

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
It was so hot in Richmond today that I don't even think the hipsters could stay cool.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
In the A10 baseball tournament semi-finals VCU had a 2-0 lead and then Rhody gave me agita in the 7th scoring 4. Thank goodness VCU players like to hit. Went from 4-2 to 10-4 in a heartbeat. This is the most important game in a round robin so I was nervous especially with the A10 being a perennial one bid baseball league.

881 - 900 of 944 Posts