Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

901 - 920 of 944 Posts

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Plenty of good seats available...
It was raining. I was with lots of people who watched under the deck. It was not a huge crowd but I do not remember college baseball games ever really selling out.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Speaking of crowds or lack there of. This past year has been limited due to the pandemic yet VCU's athletic teams made a bunch of finals and brought home quite a few championships. I would have to go back and look but the male and female athletic squads had quite year. Oh and COVID restrictions have been lifted here as of Friday.

Reactions: PYBonnie05

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
I wish this young man would have brought half this intensity to rooting for the Rhody ballers:
Well, I would hope without throwing something at a player. I never understood getting so angry that a fan would lash out at a player. Back when I used to work Mid-Atlantic wrestling matches in high school an old woman jabbed Ivan "The Russian Bear" Koloff with a hair pin. I also remember my father getting so upset at a high school game featuring Dell Curry that he threw his coat on the floor at a ref. I was a kid and I still to this day do not understand it. Ha!

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Funny how Grant seemed to mention that to Maynor at the timeout, despite it having worked out.
Yep. Grant was hot at the time. There is another angle where you could see him signaling for the TO but Eric waved it off. Maynor was a solid floor general and he knew he could catch them off-balance. He was not a player that typically went against the coach's wishes but I am glad he did there.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I am a big fan of not calling timeouts in those situations unless you have a young team. It is something that is probably practices 1000 times and players should be able to execute a last possession play themselves. Why give the defense a chance to plan and set up?

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
I keep seeing movement up the NBA draft projections for Bones and one recent article had him as the biggest position movers (+71) of the entire draft per http://NBADraft.net. Although ranked #31, they are now mocking Bones at #19. This article states that NBA squads have been clamoring for private workouts. "Hyland will have workouts with the Utah Jazz and New York Knicks before the combine, Walton said, then about nine more afterward". Hey, maybe Bones knows. Good luck to him.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
6,681 Posts
Maybe a grad student in some obscure discipline could do research work regarding contemporary hoops nomenclature—focusing primarily on the use of “grind” and “blessed”.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Maybe a grad student in some obscure discipline could do research work regarding contemporary hoops nomenclature—focusing primarily on the use of “grind” and “blessed”.
Probably better than saying, I have been relaxing and I am jinxed.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I keep seeing movement up the NBA draft projections for Bones and one recent article had him as the biggest position movers (+71) of the entire draft per http://NBADraft.net. Although ranked #31, they are now mocking Bones at #19. This article states that NBA squads have been clamoring for private workouts. "Hyland will have workouts with the Utah Jazz and New York Knicks before the combine, Walton said, then about nine more afterward". Hey, maybe Bones knows. Good luck to him.
I don't really follow the NBA, but if Bones ends up playing with Obi, I might become a Knicks fan, which is hard to say given my feelings to other NY based teams.

901 - 920 of 944 Posts