Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1061 - 1080 of 1391 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
What Bill Russell and his best bud, Jon Rothstein were discussing over adult libations:

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,395 Posts
Poor Huggy, so much baggage. Tell me where the mid-major schools touched you, Bob.
As is typically the case with P5 coaches, fans, shills, etc., Huggy lumps in the schools who draw “200 fans” with everyone else not in the P5 or Big East.

Essentially, “mid-major” is the othering grab-all. Mind you, that process will never end. It’s “mid-majors” now, but, if the typical unregulated bullshit continues, then it will be Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Washington State, Oregon State, and the Big East; then it will be the giant state schools in smaller markets; then it will be anyone who isn’t a “blue blood” in hoops or football.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
So no 4, 5, or 6 bid seasons since going to 18 A-10 games. Is that causation or correlation?
It's not causation. 18-game conference schedule is like a tiny decimal place that is lower than it could be which may have possibly cost us one bid here or there.

But the root cause of fewer bids is that the NCAA committee used to WORK FOR the NCAA, with Greg Shaheen telling them HOW to do the job. The BCS ousted him and decided THEY'D decide how to judge teams, and they judge them as "Cartel teams deserve a bid, non-cartel teams do not."

Look no further than 2016, when the Bonnies were the highest rated RPI team ever left out. And BCS team Tulsa got the last spot.

The A-10's 18-game schedule might have cost the Bonnies like .0020 on the RPI, but it's not like that actually matters when a #25 RPI isn't good enough to the cartel committee.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I really feel bad for Bobby Hurley :giggle:. Side note, Riverside is a decent team and will contend in the Big West. They also nearly dropped sports altogether after last year so I am rooting for them.

1061 - 1080 of 1391 Posts