Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1161 - 1180 of 1391 Posts

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
This turkey history explains a lot of the postings on this board.

Meanwhile, if net (small net) efficiency matters so much (difference between offensive and defensive numbers) why don't power teams (except for ticket revenue) go on the road (good for algorithm) and schedule weaker teams, driving their efficiency numbers up from the expected blowout? I guess they'd really have to be selective and pick middling lower teams that might end up with good records because of the TVI deal.

A question only JP could love.
Because it makes absolutely no difference. Efficiency measures incorporate the strength of opponent. Losing to a stronger opponent by less than "predicted" helps you more than winning over a lesser opponent by less than "predicted". That's there beauty. They make scheduling largely irrelevant.

Outperform the predictive model by losing close to to a higher rated team can help you more than beating a cupcake by fewer points than expected. And so it should be.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I think people (fans) get too wrapped up in NET and everything else (Myself included). It is one tool the committee uses to evaluate teams.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I think people (fans) get too wrapped up in NET and everything else (Myself included). It is one tool the committee uses to evaluate teams.
Probably. It just felt like a kick in the nuts to see 88 off the bat. I think 40-55 is a fair range, and that's with Kyle. We have too many flaws to remotely think this squad is an AL lock, as many did prior to season.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Probably. It just felt like a kick in the nuts to see 88 off the bat. I think 40-55 is a fair range, and that's with Kyle. We have too many flaws to remotely think this squad is an AL lock, as many did prior to season.
Yea 88 was surprising too but the first release of NET is pretty raw. UNI will look better later in the year after a rough start, which should help us. We moved up 9 spots without even playing yesterday so it needs to be sorted out more. I dont think it should even get released until non conference is over but they like to generate buzz.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Yea 88 was surprising too but the first release of NET is pretty raw. UNI will look better later in the year after a rough start, which should help us. We moved up 9 spots without even playing yesterday so it needs to be sorted out more. I dont think it should even get released until non conference is over but they like to generate buzz.
Did one of Marquette's opponent's win last night? I'm just trying to see where this cascade effect came from...

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,395 Posts
I liked the VCU/UD Flagship brands
As we used to say to Xavier fans, if you need to call yourself a flagship, then you aren’t really a flagship. To be fair to UD and VCU fans, though, I haven’t seen their own people make such a comment. They are, pretty obviously, our most financially stable programs.

Edit to add: SLU is right there, too. Richmond has cash out the rear, also. It doesn’t seem like those two have the consistent fan support of UD and VCU, though. I never see many SLU or UR fans at A10 tournaments.

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,395 Posts
Temple is not happening. Rothstein needs to move on from that.

Monmouth? Come on. Look at who the league has invited recently. It’s mostly schools with recent Final Four runs and solid fan bases. Let Monmouth consistently win the MAAC before they look to upgrade.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
As we used to say to Xavier fans, if you need to call yourself a flagship, then you aren’t really a flagship. To be fair to UD and VCU fans, though, I haven’t seen their own people make such a comment. They are, pretty obviously, our most financially stable programs.

Edit to add: SLU is right there, too. Richmond has cash out the rear, also. It doesn’t seem like those two have the consistent fan support of UD and VCU, though. I never see many SLU or UR fans at A10 tournaments.
Since it is DC instead of NYC, I should be there this year.

If the COVID positive test from Tuesday night doesn’t interfere…

1161 - 1180 of 1391 Posts