Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1281 - 1288 of 1288 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Not sure what I think of that, BR. My cynicism has me believing it's an easy way for P5/6 to ensure that the non-power schools are all eliminated prior to selection Sunday.
Now that I have had time to digest it, I think its a good system. As long as non P5 schools are still getting at large consideration, this helps them out. As we found out this past year, power schools who manage to win games (cough Rutgers and Michigan cough) will still get in with garbage records but there is nothing that can be done about that from our perspective. Adding 2 quality non conference games in place of Hampton or someone like that can only help.

I really wish we could get that MW-A10 challenge back. It would have been really great this past year and I think it would be great this year too.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Not sure what I think of that, BR. My cynicism has me believing it's an easy way for P5/6 to ensure that the non-power schools are all eliminated prior to selection Sunday.
Yes. This is why the Bracket Buster failed. It's cutting the number of non-P5 teams who DESERVE at-larges over mediocre P5s like Rutgers, Indiana, USC, LSU, Creighton, Va Tech, etc in half.

1281 - 1288 of 1288 Posts