Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have seen many good scenerios on how we could obtain Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

The majority of posters seem to approve of this player.

I still would rather see us keep Rasheed but I am not blind to the fact that this is becoming less and less likely.

So...I thought it would be a good time, given the latest Blazer Report, to revisit some of your ideas.

This is your mission...find the best way to make SAR a Blazer.

This message will self destruct in 24 days (FEB 19)... :D

Shareef Stats

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Have you been waiting to post this for like a month just so you could say: "This message will self destruct in 24 days" ???? ;)

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I do find it interesting how quiet the Rasheed trade rumors have suddenly become.

Especially considering J Robs statement that the Blazers have intensified their efforts of trying to trade Rasheed.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've re-iterated this trade for quite some time.

Sheed + Qyntel

for

SARs
Diaw
Chris Crawford.

We lose in the athleticism department, but Diaw is a very smart player who ACTUALLY CAN play the point forward position.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Beaverton</b>!

Sheed + Qyntel

for

SARs
Diaw
Chris Crawford.

We lose in the athleticism department, but Diaw is a very smart player who ACTUALLY CAN play the point forward position.
I don't think it's a good deal for Portland in my opinion. The Blazers lose quite a bit defensively and they don't have any room to do that. SAR is a good player but he is not good on the defensive side of the ball IMHO. As somebody mentioned before, SAR and Z-Bo would probably form one of the worst defensive front lines in the NBA.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Who is this SAR fella anyways? :D

My thoughts for quite a while have been

Portland trades
Sheed $18 mil + Davis $9.06 mil = $27.06 mil OUT
allowed to take back about $23.53 mil as a minimum

Atlanta trades
SAR $13.5 mil + Ratliff $10.15 mil = $23.65 mil OUT

SAR has 2 years left, & Ratliff 2 years on contracts. They have exactly what we want for Sheed contract wise, and maybe even talent wise. Contracts which end by 2005. And it gives Atlanta a huge salary dump. Exactly what they want. Sheed gives them about 76% of both of those contracts to dump in one year, not 2.

We also save about $3.5 mil, and $7 mil with tax incentives this year alone. Big $$$

We get a shot blocking center and a near 20-10 guy who is an all-star. This is the best trade we can get for them. Its my feeling it will happen right before the trade deadline. Dale's contract still ends on the 2nd year, and is far less than both SAR or Ratliff.

Some filler may be thrown in.... but no Terry involved.

Sometimes a change of scenary will help players. This may be it!

I think this will be done the last week of the trading deadline so Atlanta can not turn around and trade Sheed on his own to Dallas or another team.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well i tried....LOL..i tried to get SAR and a point guard and center for the BLAZERS...but nothing worked....oh well maybe someone else will have a better job then i did...:laugh:

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Beaverton</b>!

Sheed + Qyntel

for

SARs
Diaw
Chris Crawford.

:no:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts