Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't agree with what Mitchell supposedly said about rotating Hoffa and Woods in and out of the starting lineup for the rest of the season.

I mean, sure Woods may be a better match up for some centres because of his athleticism, but you have to play Hoffa right now.

First of all, he is the better player than Woods IMO. Jack said you cant just play Hoffa because he is a first round pick, but the thing is, he's done a much much better job than hes given credit for. Theres no point in rotating Woods into the starting lineup when you are trying to develop your lottery pick, but at the same time getting more production out of him than Woods (assuming Hoffa plays legit minutes).

I know this team wants to do everything to make the playoffs, but if your going to put Hoffa on the bench, why not start Marshall who is head and shoulders above Hoffa and Woods.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Well Woods didn't really do much to convince me tonight that he deserves being on the starting lineup, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
379 Posts
An interesting quote...

Toronto's Rafael Araujo, the eighth pick in the draft, has lost his spot as the starting center. Toronto coach Sam Mitchell said Araujo and Loren Woods will share the starting job. Woods has added 15 pounds recently.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Well at least it looks like Woods has been making an effort to get back into the starting rotation.
We'll see how things progress, I'm hoping he can have a good offseason and come back strong for next year.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
madman said:
Our big man rotation should be

Bosh/Sow/Woods
Hoffa/Bonner/Yell
Woods plays the 5, Donyell and Bonner play the 4. Sometimes Bonner plays SF, just like he did last night for awhile in the 1st half. Donyell and Bonner too undersized to play C consistantly.
Sow and Bosh usually play PF, but as we all know, they both play some minutes at the 5 as well.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Woods plays the 5, Donyell and Bonner play the 4. Sometimes Bonner plays SF, just like he did last night for awhile in the 1st half. Donyell and Bonner too undersized to play C consistantly.
Sow and Bosh usually play PF, but as we all know, they both play some minutes at the 5 as well.
i know but if we want them to play more minutes we are gonna have to have them play out of position

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
madman said:
i know but if we want them to play more minutes we are gonna have to have them play out of position
We'd just get dominated on the defensive end even more.
I rather give them less minutes, and play them at positions that they are actually accustomed to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts