Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
There was re-routing, as people were making posts complaining about being re-routed to a bizarre website (your website).
The only "bizarre" site I ever had ceased to exist four years ago. At the time of the only incident I can recall the issue was the google warning page coming up. And that happened long after NC was taken down.

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
I'm loathe to admit that I think EH Munro is right (nobody quote me on that)... and if the link in the OP of this thread wasn't to one of his sites what the hell are we even talking about?

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
Brewers Worried Ryan Braun Suspension Might Put Season In Jeopardy

MILWAUKEE—Following news that Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun will sit out the rest of 2013 due to his alleged involvement with performance-enhancing drug supplier Biogenesis, the power hitter's teammates told reporters Tuesday that they were concerned his suspension could put the remainder of the 41-57 ball club’s season in jeopardy. “This team is built around Ryan, and I can already tell that we’re going to face an uphill battle without him,” said starting second baseman Rickie Weeks, emphasizing that he “just couldn't imagine” the team that currently possesses the second-worst record in the National League lasting very long in the postseason without the five-time All-Star. “Obviously, there’s a lot of talent in this clubhouse, but the fact is that everything we’ve been able to do so far this season has been because of Ryan. No doubt about it, we’re in trouble. I don’t know how we could play in the World Series without him.” When reached for comment, Braun told reporters that he believed his team would be able to perform just as well without him.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/brewers-worried-ryan-braun-suspension-might-put-se,33227/

·
51,454 Posts
According to CBS Evening News’ Jim Axelrod, Alex Rodriguez could be facing a lifetime ban from MLB.

Ryan Braun was given a 65-game suspension on Monday for his involvement in the Biogenesis PED clinic and reports from ESPN have stated that the evidence against A-Rod is "far beyond" what Major League Baseball investigators had on the Brewers star. Rodriguez is presumably going to attempt to work out a deal with the commissioner's office, but if MLB has enough evidence it could look to push the 37-year-old third baseman out for good. There's much more to come.
:yesyesyes:

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
MILWAUKEE—Following news that Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun will sit out the rest of 2013 due to his alleged involvement with performance-enhancing drug supplier Biogenesis, the power hitter's teammates told reporters Tuesday that they were concerned his suspension could put the remainder of the 41-57 ball club’s season in jeopardy. “This team is built around Ryan, and I can already tell that we’re going to face an uphill battle without him,” said starting second baseman Rickie Weeks, emphasizing that he “just couldn't imagine” the team that currently possesses the second-worst record in the National League lasting very long in the postseason without the five-time All-Star. “Obviously, there’s a lot of talent in this clubhouse, but the fact is that everything we’ve been able to do so far this season has been because of Ryan. No doubt about it, we’re in trouble. I don’t know how we could play in the World Series without him.” When reached for comment, Braun told reporters that he believed his team would be able to perform just as well without him.
Did they really just say that?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Worst part about Braun is that he is one of those guys who will go out and viciously attack other peoples integrity to cover up his own lies.

I don't care what the apology tour looks like next spring, he better get booed his first home game back.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
which sucks. I like A-rod and Braun and ppl that don't do any research and have no clue about steroids and there actual affect on their body if you visit a doctor often and do them right don't realize that for a lot of these athletes it's going to help them in the long run. But then again about 95% of people don't know what they're doing when they take them

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
If MLB really wanted to start slowing down the ped problem they need to give teams the option to terminate contracts. The Brewers owe Braun over 100 million dollars over the next 6 years to be the anti-face of their orginazation. Braun probably still has the talent to produce and nobody knows exactly what he was putting in his body and what kind of affects it had.. but the Brewers being the smallest market in MLB are being bent over a table in this situation... this pretty much sent the team back 10 years

·
Super Moderator
17,902 Posts
If MLB really wanted to start slowing down the ped problem they need to give teams the option to terminate contracts. The Brewers owe Braun over 100 million dollars over the next 6 years to be the anti-face of their orginazation. Braun probably still has the talent to produce and nobody knows exactly what he was putting in his body and what kind of affects it had.. but the Brewers being the smallest market in MLB are being bent over a table in this situation... this pretty much sent the team back 10 years
A-Roid is going to be the seminal case here.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
Considering he's rich and has the ability to go to a doctor every week or so and get blood work and liver tests done. He's probably in no harm at all. The people that abuse steroids and young kids who don't know how to level off on Pcts and don't have the money to get normal blood work done are the ones that suffer.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
and that doesn't mean give me one example or 2 of a pro athlete being severely ruined from steroids. Because the majority of body builders who are known steroids users throughout their career are fine. But of course someone will bring up the one or 2 examples of someone being ****ed up

61 - 80 of 101 Posts