Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes karma comes and bites you in the ***! It makes my day knowing Sheed has to spend the rest of the year playing for lowly atlanta and at the end of the year his best offer will likely be MLE.

I don't expect any team under the cap to make Sheed a large contract offer and certainly don't expect atlanta to sign and trade him. Trading him makes me happy because he more than wore out his welcome here.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
If he took the MLE I think he'd rather go to Philly. Its his hometown and theres no bad blood there. Plus sheed will be very dominant in the east. The only good big men in the east are Jermaine and Sheed isn't that crazy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree sheed will post nice stats in the east, heck, if the trade happened sooner maybe he could have been an east all-star. All he would have had to do is be better than jamaal magloire.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
sheed has plenty of money now ($80M of paul allen's own, he can't have spent it all already), and I don't doubt he'd be happy to sign with a championship contender for a MLE...

world champion by 2005 ?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I have this fear Sheed may end up in a Spur uniform next year..

A Duncan and Sheed frontline would be awesome to watch

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Sheed will be fine... it'll be somewhat painful to watch him torch the Blazers when they play, so here's to hoping he ends up out East.

Iverson and Sheed would be a hell of a 1-2 punch...

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
I have this fear Sheed may end up in a Spur uniform next year..
Only if he wants to play for an elite team at top dollar alongside an old friend of his (Duncan). Of course the Spurs may have legit concerns about his character that would sway them from extending their max type dollars his way, and maybe he'd rather play for MLE dollars on a lesser team or be in a market with more media/speaking opprotunities then San Antonio would offer him. With Ginobli now coming off the bench, I think the possibilities of Manu recieving their remaining caproom is about gone.

We'll see...

STOMP

·
Registered
731 Posts
Sheed in a Spurs uniform is too scary... but also very possible.

considering they aren't in the race to get Kobe or Nash this offseason, Sheed is definitely their best option for their remaining cap space.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Rasheed wil get more than the MLE....he is too talented.

Just look at some of the guys that got the MLE recently

Michael Olowakandi
Robert Horry
Scottie Pippen
Jerome James
Larry Hughes
Juwan Howard
Alonzo Mourning
James Posey etc....

I think you would agree that Rasheed is better than anybody on this list. I would also think teams would have a lot more interest in bringing in Rasheed than any of these players.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you would agree that Rasheed is better than anybody on this list. I would also think teams would have a lot more interest in bringing in Rasheed than any of these players.
Of course i agree sheed is better than anyone on the list you offered, but like most other things regarding sheed there's more than just talent/skill involved. The market for his services will be bad with few teams able to offer above MLE. In addition to that, sheed won't settle for just any team, and of the team's he seems to like all they can give is MLE.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I think it's very likely that Sheed will end up in Phili with AI. He'll be an allstar in the east but they still wont have the fire power to beat LA, SAC, DALL or the Spurs so what does it really matter?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Most likely one thing I.Thomas did on a recent trip to Atlanta was to discuss what the Hawks would want in a sign and trade for Rasheed this summer. Sheed apparently wants to play in NY and if NY can assemble a package that the Hawks would like, it would be easy to do the Sign and Trade. Even if Thomas can't get anything to satisfy the Hawks, he can turn around and use his "efforts" as a reason Sheed should sign with the Knicks for the MLE.

Damon apparently really liked Thomas, when they were together in Toronto. You can bet that Sheed has heard some of those stories.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts