Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Coach and I talked (yesterday) morning. I didn't want to say I'm mad about my playing time. I'm still getting the same minutes," said Peterson, who vented a bit after going 0-for-5 in 20 minutes during a 99-84 loss against the Utah Jazz on Friday at the ACC.

"It's just frustrating starting 0-5 and getting in the situations we are. (He) just felt like we needed some changes."

So in Game No. 6 of the season, coach Sam Mitchell will employ his fourth starting combination of the short campaign. While Graham hasn't looked out of place playing against an impressive bunch of all-star forwards, his minutes have decreased in recent games. With Graham in the second unit, Mitchell believes the Oklahoma State product might have more chances to impose his will.
Source: Toronto Sun (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Basketball/2005/11/13/1305094-sun.html)

This raises the question on how exactly our bench will perform with now having Graham, Villanueva, Bonner, and Calderon coming off the pine.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
i dont think they rewarded him as much as just trying something else. But i dont think it will matter

·
Registered
506 Posts
charlz said:
The bigger question is - now that they have rewarded Mo Pete's complaining who is next?
Mo has a legitimate case.

If Jalen goes to the media and screams that he doesn't get enough shots, he's an ***.

But I can certainly understand Mo Pete's demand.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
mo busted his tail out there for 5 games...and Sam has always said he rewards hard work and good play...mo did both of those things..and has been rewarded...Jalen on the other hand doesnt deserve to start because he doesnt play hard and takes stupid shots....good going Sam...i like Mo in the starting lineup....and now all he has to do is put Jose in the starting lineup and ill be a happy man..

·
Registered
506 Posts
Calderon
Peterson
Graham
Bosh
Williams

Not a bad line-up, IMO.
All five are hard workers, and it might even be a solid line-up on D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts