Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's a good guy, he plays good defense, but he drives me crazy with his stupid shot selection. I believe he would be worth something in the open-market and does little on this team. If we can trade him, do it.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I change my mind twice a year on this guy. At times he seems like the perfect vet role model for our guys. Works hard, very professional, plays both ends. He even started the season pretty well coming off the bench.

But I am kind of fed up with him at this point. And he does have good trade value. Spot up 3pt shooter who play decent D are valuable in the league.

Miami could want him. Denver could want him. The Hornets still want him. The Knicks want everybody. Milwaukee could use him. Minnesota. Lakers.

Lots of possible trades. But we need a young wing back. Or a legit young C.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Mo-Pete has no right to come out publicly and critize his lack of playing time, just because he is one of the senior players on the team should not guarantee him minutes. Mo needs to start playing better and playing like a leader before he thinks of comming out publicly again

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Mo is one of those players who almost always plays better than he gets credit for, but he takes a lot of sequences off on offense which tends to stick out in peoples minds.

He's been camping in the corner this year again, and I don't know if that's a product of Mitchell's system or just Mo being Mo.

Could he be a better offensive player? Sure. Who in the League couldn't? But for what we're paying him, and for the effort he brings each night, I'm happy to have him.

He'd have a place in the active rotation on any team in the NBA.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
I think Mo Pete is a really great guy, he plays hard and with a lot of emotion, but he needs to get onto a team where he can get open shots, since he can hit very few with someone in his face :(

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
RaptorsFan2005 said:
He's a good guy, he plays good defense, but he drives me crazy with his stupid shot selection. I believe he would be worth something in the open-market and does little on this team. If we can trade him, do it.
I think they want to and will but 2 things need to happen.

(1) you need Eric and or Alvin to get healthy
(2) you need to loose a ton more games with Rose and Mo Pete so that when they flash the pre-trade vs. post/trade graphic that the team is clearly better w/out these guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts