K Mason Crosby 2

BE Fred Jackson 18
BE Michael Turner 16
BE Vincent Jackson 10
BE Eric Decker 10
BE Percy Harvin 11
BE Jay Cutler 4
BE Kenny Britt 1

Now I'm a little rusty. I wasn't paying the best attention when I bid for Fred Jackson (didn't realize Turner was still available) because I would like those $18 back. And I definitely nominated Eric Decker too early because I could probably have gotten him for maybe $5. So with those extra dollars in an ideal version of this auction I could have upgraded Charles to Ray Rice. But WOW, is it me or does the depth actually seem really good this year? Everyone is complaining about a lack of RBs, but I actually think there are about 16 good ones all on roughly the same level; in this draft I got 5 of them. Again, I think this was a mistake, I'd give one back to upgrade to Rice, but that's what these mocks are for. I also undershot by $1, so I used it on my homer pick of Mason Crosby.

And my point was that these people and the automated auction system are stupid.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
8 team league generally means a higher quality bench.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Richardson for 20 seems a little high. Yeah, should have consolidated some money for a more top flight RB but the rest seems good.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
I hate to spoil the party... but in an 8-team league... I don't love your team. I'd bet that if I saw all the rosters in your league, there are at least 2 teams I would rather have.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
I love Turner at $16 though. He's a trendy pick to fall off the map this year and everyone loves Jacquizz Rodgers, but Turner is a workhorse who will at the very least get you all of the goal line carries on what should be a very good offense. He doesn't give you much of anything in the passing game, but that hasn't stopped him from being elite the last four years. Do I expect 1300+ yards and double digit TDs yet again? Probably not, but he's well worth the $16 you paid for him.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to spoil the party... but in an 8-team league... I don't love your team. I'd bet that if I saw all the rosters in your league, there are at least 2 teams I would rather have.
I play in an 8 team league. Trust me when I say that this is a ridiculous team and completely unrealistic.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
I play in an 8 team league. Trust me when I say that this is a ridiculous team and completely unrealistic.
Your team could not be more loaded with serious injury risks. It's going to take some maneuvering for you to guarantee a playoff spot in an 8-team league.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Injuries are unpredictable. Fred Taylor was the least durable guy in the league for like 5 years, and then he never missed a game.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Injuries are unpredictable. Fred Taylor was the least durable guy in the league for like 5 years, and then he never missed a game.
I always limit myself to two injury-prone players per fantasy team. Any more than that, and you're just tempting fate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts